Indiana Jones crash

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bjornvil

Indiana Jones crash

Post by bjornvil »

Hello

I have tried the search and I can't seem to find anything on my problem.

I am playing through Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I am on the Wits path on the Island of Thera and I have just picked up the uninflated balloon. And everytime I try to use something with the ballon, such as the hose or the fishnet, the game crashes and ScummVM closes, no error message or anything.

Anybody have the same problem?
clem

Post by clem »

I don't think I encountered that one before on the forums; as for an error message, FAQ entry 5.6 should tell you how to read it

( http://www.scummvm.org/faq.php#AEN188 )

good luck,
clem
nightfear

Post by nightfear »

I have the same problem with FOA. I have a P990i and i put scummvm in memory stick (d:\programs\applications\scummvm_roms\ifoa). I put the directory by choosing the path to the game and i started the game. So far i went to the island of crete and when i cut the statue's head with the wimp i have to step near it and an elevator should take me down. When the elevator starts the program CRASHES and an KERNEL-EXE error 3 appears.
What should i do ?????????
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The screen scrolls down at the part with the statue. The Symbian port has problems with scrolling.

Refer to bug #1513002
Aljokuli

Post by Aljokuli »

I've got the same problem and am just trying to burst some life into this topic :D

Please help if you know anything
clem

Post by clem »

Aljokuli wrote:I've got the same problem and am just trying to burst some life into this topic :D

Please help if you know anything
this issue has been known for quite some time now, I wouldn't expect a fix too soon

as a workaround, the Windows/Linux/Mac ScummVM doesn't seem to have this bug, so you could play ahead on one of those ports, then transfer the savegame back to your device
Aljokuli

Post by Aljokuli »

Another way to go around it is to download the game again from different sources until you find a version that works. The savegames works fine with the other versions, you just have to rename the originals, called "atlantis.s01", to "atlantis-1.s01".

Oh, I got this problem on Windows XP so exclude that from the list of ports where it should work.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You got which problem on Windows XP?

Fate of Atlantis should be completable under XP
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I've just tried the part with the statue under XP and everything works fine here.

I've also tried the part with the balloon (boot param 5999) and again everything works correctly under XP

If you do experience errors, please file in a proper bug report following the bug submission guidelines
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

Aljokuli wrote:Another way to go around it is to download the game again from different sources

:?: :?: :?:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Herrscher wrote:
Aljokuli wrote:Another way to go around it is to download the game again from different sources

:?: :?: :?:
Good catch. Aljokuli -- Forum Rule 0!
Aljokuli

Post by Aljokuli »

What do you mean by forum rule 0?

Downloading the game again fixed my problem with the balloon construction dealy, and I actually had to do that a couple of times to find a good version.

The problem I had under XP was with the balloon crash
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

There's a big sticky post called "Forum rules. READ BEFORE POST" right here

Forum rule #0 states the following:
0) No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, even if you already own another version of it, or to replace damaged media. Consider Copyright FAQ.
The bold letters apply here: we can't help people with illegal copies. You won't get any support here

Closing