No speach? indiana jones and the fate of atlantis

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sniperslayer
Banned

No speach? indiana jones and the fate of atlantis

Post by Sniperslayer »

hi, i'm currently playing indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, but i have no Speach??

the file is have is a 52mb one in a .rar

is that too small to contain the speach files? if so is there a way to get them?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Forum rule 0?

0) No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, even if you already own another version of it, or to replace damaged media. Consider Copyright FAQ.
Sniperslayer
Banned

Post by Sniperslayer »

also in the file name when i add the game to scummVM it says "DOS CD ROM" in the title for the game so im asuming it's the talkie version?

here is a pic of the game running, my file configuration, and the errors:

any suggestions?

the music in the intro plays, just no voice
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Where did you get that .rar file?
Sniperslayer
Banned

Post by Sniperslayer »

had it compressed from files i ripped from the CD a long time ago, but the voice overs are not working when i try to run it now, never used these backup files before
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Did you compress the files before putting it into .rar?

edit: Man, what's up with my grammar today? :-/
TribeHasSpoken

Post by TribeHasSpoken »

In the version I have, the voice file alone is 142MB
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Excuse me, you "found" a rar file, which you "compressed from the files you ripped from the CD".... and you did that for what purpose? The original game does not run with compressed sound files

And you SHOULD know whether you got the CD ROM talkie version or not, and especially the size of the files in the CD. After all you own an original version, right?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I was trying to lure him into a comment...

I saw that he had a compressed sound file, which
he normally does not do by himself, "back when"
he ripped the data files off the CD.

See my first comment :-)
clem

Post by clem »

if you look at his other post ( http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight= ) you will notice that he apparently didn't have any games at 8:44am, but he looked for support at 9:01am - that was FAST!

also is it a coincidence that the windows screenshot shows a tab called "my receive[d files?]"?

oh well, if I'm acting like an idiot again just tell me :)
Sniperslayer
Banned

Post by Sniperslayer »

uhg give me a break and just f*ckin help me out, you think anyone even gives a shit these games are being "pirated" or shared amongst people?

you can go download brand new games which cost 65$+ for free within 3 clicks, whats the problem with sharing games that arent even around anymore??

i know this doesnt make things right, but come on obviously the majority of the people playing these games got them through illegitamite ways, seeing as i actually DID own these games at one time, i dont see why it's such a big deal.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

moderatorial: Calm down. You get a warning. You are violating our forum rules.

We support only original, not downloaded games.

Eugene
Tinhead Ned

Post by Tinhead Ned »

So just don't mention where you get your games from and you'll be fine :wink:

This raises a question, though...say you bought a game years ago and lost it in an accident (for argument's sake, your house burned down), and you're unable to find another copy. Are you allowed to acquire one 'pirated' copy that would be identical to your lost one, as long as you don't distribute it?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Tinhead Ned wrote:So just don't mention where you get your games from and you'll be fine :wink:

This raises a question, though...say you bought a game years ago and lost it in an accident (for argument's sake, your house burned down), and you're unable to find another copy. Are you allowed to acquire one 'pirated' copy that would be identical to your lost one, as long as you don't distribute it?
f i had a car once and i had to give it up due to cost or an "accident" or because it wore out...

Is it okay to get another one for free (taking without paying), one of the same kind, just because i owned one years back?

We had this discussion before and the ScummVM team stands on their basis -> Forum rule Nr#0.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Tinhead Ned wrote:This raises a question, though...
Say, you had a book. Or, better Encyclopedia Britannica. It burned in same house. Are you allowed to go to bookstore and demand a free replacement?

Form the other hand, we are not police, and neither IDSA or something. We have no rights to break into your computer and check what you have there, or request a web-cam session where you will show us your original media.

What we want is to sleep well, and do not break copyright law, neither encourage others to do so. Then we will be on a safe side and thus, will not be sued or something. That's why we refuse and will always will refuse to give any support to users which use illegal copies. They're on their own with their "nicely cracked" gamez. Also supporting of those badly cracked software is additional unneeded load on the Team which we will prefer to avoid.

This already served us good. If we'd have a different policy, then:
  • We'd been shut in 2002 by LucasArts legal department
  • We'd never get support from Revolution Software (bass, sword1/2), John Passfield (FOTAQ), Wyrmkeep Entertainment (Inherit the Earth), Adventure Soft (Simon1/2, feeble, elvira)
  • Ron Gilbert wouldn't mention us on his Grumpy Gamer
  • David Fox wouldn't mention us in his talk on Assembly'04
  • We would not be included into Linux distributions
  • SoldOut would not use us in their DVD release of Broken Swords
  • Wyrmkeep Entertainment would not advertise us on their main page
  • We'd never get any source code
  • We'd weren't given a nice discount on IDA licenses, not to say, that we'd been refused to sell any at all
Now just sit and think about it, and weight pros and cons of giving support to such people as Sniperslayer from Calgary.

Eugene