Getting my Bearings

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Brian

Getting my Bearings

Post by Brian »

Alright I finally did. I got a new pocket pc. I got the verizon xv6700(Windows mobile 5.0).This is the first time I Have owned a pocket pc and i'm really stoked. Anywho I want to play my old games and so I wondered onto this site. I just want to make sure i'm doing this right. Am I right to download the Windows CE ARM pack version of scumm? THen download the games onto the comp. then the right game files onto my pocket pc? Also for the game do you use the toch screen or do you use the keypad?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Brian wrote:Am I right to download the Windows CE ARM pack version of scumm?
Yes, you have to download the WinCE version of ScummVM.
Brian wrote: THen download the games onto the comp.
Only the demos of the games except FOTAQ and BASS, which are Freeware can be downloaded onto your computer.
Brian wrote: then the right game files onto my pocket pc?
That's right. Copy the game files to your PDA/SD card in order to play your games.
Brian wrote: Also for the game do you use the toch screen or do you use the keypad?
You can use the touchscreen to play those games, but for some extra buttons like the "right-click-button" you have to set those in ScummVM ( it's the icon with a Q in it). You can also play the game solely with the keypad, but I advise against it, touchscreen is easier to handle. :wink:
Brian

Post by Brian »

So do I just put the cd into my comp and move the files from the cd to my pocket pc?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Yes, just copy the necessary files of your games (listed here ) to a folder on your Pocket PC.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Sorry :oops: but this is prabally a doumb question(last one) but the windows ce arm pack, I just download it striaght to my pocket pc right?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

*sigh* Yes.
Look, just try something on your own, I bet there are at least SOME informations for you to use in the Readme (both normal ScummVM-Readme and WinCE-version of the Readme).