corrupt Broken Sword cutscene files on scummvm page

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

emikanter

corrupt Broken Sword cutscene files on scummvm page

Post by emikanter »

Hi

I'm using ScummVM 0.9.1, no problem playing other games - or even BS1, with sounds an good graphics and subtitles and everything.

The problem is - when I get the files from the website (did it with Firefox, Explorer and DAP), I can't seem to open the zip file (tried with WinZip 10 and WinRAR). What I get is the following:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\candle.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\credits.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\credits.ogg. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\ferrari.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\ferrari.ogg. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: The archive is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: The archive is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\grave.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\history.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\intro.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\intro.ogg. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\ireland.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\ladder.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\montfcon.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\river.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\spanish.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\tapestry.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\truck.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\vulture.mp2. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Desktop\DAPSword1_Cutscenes.zip: CRC failed in video\well.mp2. The file is corrupt

I tried it a few times, and I don't know what to do. Am I doing something wrong? Are the files on the website really corrupted? If they are, why no one else reports it?

Please answer!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you try downloading it again?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: corrupt Broken Sword cutscene files on scummvm page

Post by eriktorbjorn »

emikanter wrote: I tried it a few times, and I don't know what to do. Am I doing something wrong? Are the files on the website really corrupted? If they are, why no one else reports it?

Please answer!
I just downloaded both Sword1_Cutscenes.zip and Sword2_Cutscenes.zip, and neither reported any checksum errors for me. Maybe the file has been truncated for whatever reason? They should be about 32MB and 28MB respectively.
clem

Post by clem »

tried downloading it yesterday, it was horribly slow (1+ hour for the download) so I aborted it - seems to be the same sf.net download problem that cripples daily build downloads occasionally

clem
emikanter

Post by emikanter »

Yes, I tried DLing it a few times. I even asked a friend of mine with a diferent ISP to do it and he had the same problem. It's 32mb, but it's not working.

If anyone is getting it fine, maybe anyone could sent it to me?
if you can, PM me... please?

One thing, me and my friend are both from brazil. Maybe is something on brazilian ISPs...

the file doesn't come till the end most of the times, but it does come till the end using DAP after I try to resume it, but it doesn't work anyway...

emi
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

clem wrote:tried downloading it yesterday, it was horribly slow (1+ hour for the download) so I aborted it - seems to be the same sf.net download problem that cripples daily build downloads occasionally

clem
I have given a solution to this in some older thread:
Adventureguy wrote:Try a download accelerator. You can search these via google, for example. Then you can proceed your download without beeing stopped.
Might as well work with the cutscenes, but I can't guarantee that.
emikanter

Post by emikanter »

Thanks for the hint, but I actually DID use one of those. Didn't I say that? Sorry. I used Download Acelerator Plus (DAP).

But thanks for the hint ;)
emikanter

Post by emikanter »

so
nobody is able to send them to me?
tried to DL it again, no success
emikanter

Post by emikanter »

OK, and now for something completely diferent

I did something I haven't give a thought to, I tried a mirror! At first, the Curitiba (brazilian) mirror, didn't work, and I thought everything was lost

But then I figured out how to use another mirror, got it, and it's working just fine.

Thanks everyone for the help!