simon the sorcerer copyright thing

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

paoul

simon the sorcerer copyright thing

Post by paoul »

Ok i dont have the manual for simon the sorcerer and i used to have an older version of scummvm and for some reason it just let me through the copyright thing. I deleted it off my computer and now have the newest version but now it keeps saying incorrect...try again!.
What do i do cos i really wanna play it.

thanx everyone who helps :)
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

How about buying an original? They're pretty cheap on eBay.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: simon the sorcerer copyright thing

Post by eriktorbjorn »

paoul wrote:What do i do cos i really wanna play it.
The obvious answer is, of course: buy the game. Last time I checked, AdventureSoft were still selling it, and I found a Simon 1/2 pack (which also included the Puzzle Pack and Pinball games) at my local supermarket less than a year ago. Failing that, there's always eBay. The game is neither rare nor expensive.
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

10000 to 1 that AdventureSoft doesn't sell the floppy-version with the copy protection codes thou... I'd like to take a look on how they look, but I only have the CD-version.
jamyskis

Post by jamyskis »

Why would you want the floppy version when the CD versions of both games are available for around 20 euros? And if you prefer the floppy version without Chris Barrie's annoying voiceover, ScummVM lets you turn the talkie-version off.

Don't quote me on this by the way, but with Simon the Sorceror 4 coming out soon, I'm having a funny feeling that Adventuresoft might release the first three games as freeware. Still, it's worth buying for the nice CDs and packaging.[/url]
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jamyskis wrote:And if you prefer the floppy version without Chris Barrie's annoying voiceover, ScummVM lets you turn the talkie-version off.
I've forgotten which actor does Simon's voice in which game (I think it changed between 1 and 2), but at least the English CD version of Simon the Sorcerer 1 doesn't have any subtitles, so turning off the voice would be awkward, to say the least.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
jamyskis wrote:And if you prefer the floppy version without Chris Barrie's annoying voiceover, ScummVM lets you turn the talkie-version off.
I've forgotten which actor does Simon's voice in which game (I think it changed between 1 and 2), but at least the English CD version of Simon the Sorcerer 1 doesn't have any subtitles, so turning off the voice would be awkward, to say the least.
Chris Barrie - StS
Brian Bowles - StS 2