Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (indy3) - No Music?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
Messerschmitt
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (indy3) - No Music?

Post by Messerschmitt »

Hello all :D

This is my first post here, so before saying anything I would like to congratulate who ever thought of this program, thank the forum/ website guys, and thank the community that comes here and everyone else who keeps these GREAT GREAT old games alive.

So after I got Scummvm I had to do a "monkey island frenzy" this week... :D oh the flashbacks.. and its incredible how i can still get a lot of good laughs!!!!

Now for the serious business

Well I had no problem with Monkey 1, 2 or 3 (4 I didnt use Scummvm) then I remembered my Indiana jones games... so I got them to my hard drive.

My Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, which is the CD Version works with no problems and with voice, music, everything ok.

When I tried to play my Indiana Jones and the Last crusade I got this weird problem... I dont have music.

I tried to to the same as Monkey Island... in monkey island I ripped the music as u guys told me, and it worked fine. So I thought I could... well... not "do the same" but do "very alike" so I tried to "trick" the program, and got the FM Towns soundtrack and still nothing.

I tried with every configuration. With and without FMtowns oggs. With and without Adlib,... heck, I think i tried everything so now I'm begining to wonder...

Does Indiana Jones has music on the background of the first scene (College)? I just have soud effects... and the closeste I have to music, is the Indiana Jones Theme at the Lucas Arts logo and "train cut-scene".

So since I've tried everything, I hope one of you guys can help me. Cause I cant remember if this game had music or not besides the Logo part.

Oh btw... version is DOS / VGA (Indy3) and the folder where I have the program, just has the "indy256.exe" and LFL files from 00 to 99. Floppy version (don't know if theres a CD of this one - if there is please tell me so I can buy it... if thats still possible.

Please help. Thanks in Advance!!! :D
User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (indy3) - No Music?

Post by clone2727 »

Messerschmitt wrote:Does Indiana Jones has music on the background of the first scene (College)? I just have soud effects... and the closeste I have to music, is the Indiana Jones Theme at the Lucas Arts logo and "train cut-scene".

So since I've tried everything, I hope one of you guys can help me. Cause I cant remember if this game had music or not besides the Logo part.

Oh btw... version is DOS / VGA (Indy3) and the folder where I have the program, just has the "indy256.exe" and LFL files from 00 to 99. Floppy version (don't know if theres a CD of this one - if there is please tell me so I can buy it... if thats still possible.

Please help. Thanks in Advance!!! :D
You can't use the FM-Towns music with the PC version.

There isn't music in the college, from what I remember. But, there is music in the opening with the train and various other places. There is, however, sound effects in the college.
User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Re: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (indy3) - No Music?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Messerschmitt wrote:I tried to to the same as Monkey Island... in monkey island I ripped the music as u guys told me, and it worked fine. So I thought I could... well... not "do the same" but do "very alike" so I tried to "trick" the program, and got the FM Towns soundtrack and still nothing.
There is no way you can make the PC version of the game play the CD audio tracks from the FM-Towns version. Anyway, from what I understand the FM-Towns version does not actually have more music than the PC version. It just has higher quality music.
Messerschmitt wrote: Does Indiana Jones has music on the background of the first scene (College)? I just have soud effects... and the closeste I have to music, is the Indiana Jones Theme at the Lucas Arts logo and "train cut-scene".
No, most of the game is silent, so as I recall it you won't be hearing any music again until you fly to Venice. I think Monkey Island 2 was the first LucasArts adventure to feature almost non-stop music.
Messerschmitt wrote: Oh btw... version is DOS / VGA (Indy3) and the folder where I have the program, just has the "indy256.exe" and LFL files from 00 to 99. Floppy version (don't know if theres a CD of this one - if there is please tell me so I can buy it... if thats still possible.
I think the FM-Towns version is the only CD version, and I think the only major difference between that and the PC VGA version is the music. The PC version has PC Speaker (earplugs strongly recommended), PCjr (sounds much better) and Adlib (probably the best option) music only.

The FM-Towns versions tend to be rare, expensive, and not as thoroughly tested with ScummVM as the PC versions. (I don't have an of them myself, so I don't know how much difference the last point makes.) It's probably both easier and cheaper to buy the movie soundtrack CD instead. :)
Messerschmitt
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by Messerschmitt »

:lol:

I also tried PC Speaker :lol:

~Well... I was starting to think there was no music AT ALL in the begining, but since I couldnt remember last time I played The Last Crusade, i tried everything

My game does have music at the logo start, then at the university it doesnt, in the other guy's house it doesnt, and in Jones apartment also doesnt...

But, thanks a lot for your help :D
User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 »

Messerschmitt wrote::lol:

I also tried PC Speaker :lol:

~Well... I was starting to think there was no music AT ALL in the begining, but since I couldnt remember last time I played The Last Crusade, i tried everything

My game does have music at the logo start, then at the university it doesnt, in the other guy's house it doesnt, and in Jones apartment also doesnt...

But, thanks a lot for your help :D
There is more music in Venice though.
Post Reply