Help!!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

westcoastjonny

Help!!

Post by westcoastjonny »

Hi,

I'm a computre thicko so maybe I've done it wrong, but I want to play my old mac copy of DOTT on my emac with osx tiger.

I downloaded your fantastic sounding programme and it appears on my desktop as redir.php.

When I double click to open it it says "Quicktime cannot open that file: it is not a file that quicktime understands (-2048)". So I'm stuck.

I tried opening the game off the cd but although classic starts I get the game sound but a kind of distorted version of my osx desktop as a visual.

I hope this makes sense to someone and you can help me...

Thanks, Jon :?
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Tou didn't download scummvm well, redir.php is an internet page not the executable
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Basically, when you download the file... Do -not- right click and choose 'download linked file', but just click on it and wait for Safari to start downloading automatically :)
westcoastjonny

Post by westcoastjonny »

Hi, thanks for the advice...

I have a mac which means I only have one mouse button so I can't right click or otherwise. When I click on the "Mac OS X Universal Disk Image" button it the asks me to choose a mirror and automatically downloads the useless redir.php thing. I'm not given any more options than that.

Sorry to be a pain but I need these things spelled out!

Jon :(
clem

Post by clem »

weird, it works in firefox under windows for me

but at least I can give you the link sf.net threw at me:

http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourc ... versal.dmg

I guess that should be the 0.9.0 OSX file

edit: ouch, sf.net checks for the referrer and then gives you the html site again, I guess this won't fix your download problem :(
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Try another browser, like Firefox or Camino (my personal choice for Mac).