I'm new

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dahraginazn513

I'm new

Post by dahraginazn513 »

How exactly do I install sound for my game??
I have an Nvidia card. Is there a driver I need?
slake_jones

Post by slake_jones »

What game, not all games have sound.
dahraginazn513

Post by dahraginazn513 »

full throttle it has sound, but it says it cannot find my sound card. is there an emulator or some kind of add-on I need before installing?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

What OS are you on and what version of ScummVM are you using?
dahraginazn513

Post by dahraginazn513 »

Windows Xp, and I have no idea what version of ScummVM im using.
edit

im using .71
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

First, you should install the latest version of ScummVM (0.9.0).

Do you have a real soundcard (i.e. you bought one and installed it in your PC, or choose a specific one when buying a PC) or is it integrated to the motherboard ?

Do you have sound in other softwares / games (even in Windows : do you hear the startup music when you launch Windows, the system sounds when there's an error and such, etc.) ?

If you go to control panel -> system -> device manager (it may be in a subsection, not the main one ; I don't really remember, not having used Windows for two monthes now), do you see any hardware part that has a yellow "!" over it (meaning there is no driver installed) ?
dahraginazn513

Post by dahraginazn513 »

ill try getting the new version
dahraginazn513

Post by dahraginazn513 »

what format does scummvm look for? I have it on a cd.
But see when I try to install it from the cd, it later asks for sound configuration. It stops and tells me I do not have the right compatible drivers for my sound, is there anyone else with the same problems?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

That sounds more like you're using the installer from the Full Throttle CD . You do not need to install Full Throttle to run it in ScummVM.

Just run ScummVM and press "Add Game" and then select your cd drive with Full Throttle in it.
clem

Post by clem »

dahraginazn513 wrote:But see when I try to install it from the cd, it later asks for sound configuration.
don't try installing it, just copy all the files to your harddisk

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... index.html might help, even though the GUI will look differently in ScummVM 0.9.0 - apologies, didn't have time to update it with new screenshots

hope that helps,
clem
dahraginazn513

Post by dahraginazn513 »

ok so, I'm trying to load Full throttle through the CD using SCUMM, it now finds the folder named "full throttle" but I don't know what to do after that?

I already tried the Tutorial.
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

dahraginazn513 wrote:ok so, I'm trying to load Full throttle through the CD using SCUMM, it now finds the folder named "full throttle" but I don't know what to do after that?

I already tried the Tutorial.
You should look there : http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles and copy the needed files to a directory on your harddisk.

If you really want to run Full Throttle from the CD, and if the data hierarchy is as expected by ScummVM, juste select "add game", go to the directory containing the files ("full throttle", according to what you'e saying) and select "choose". If the expected files are in the directory you chose, ScummVM will recognize the game and add it to its list.

When you browse to a directory from ScummVM to add a game, the files in it are not displayed. That's normal and doesn't mean that the directory is empty or that ScummVM cannot find any game in it.