Post by ezekiel000 »

Did you mean you pointed it to:
/C/ >> My Documents
or
/C/ >> My Documents >> curse
Just checking.
pallybear

Post by pallybear »

Yeah, I went /C/ >> My Documents >> (empty)

It's just empty when I opened My Documents.

Should I try DosBox or something? Would that work for Vista?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I'm not sure about Vista as I use Linux but you have to open the folder in which the game files are, I'm not sure why the folder wouldn't appear in the file browser.
Maybe this will help explain: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... ing_a_game
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Will Vista work?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

What happens if you put it anywhere else than the desktop or My Documents? As far as I know, both are handled a bit differently than other folders in Windows, though I can't test this myself since I don't run ScummVM on Windows.

(If you mean that you can find the "curse" folder, but that it appears empty, that's normal. ScummVM only lists the folders, not the files inside them.)
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Hi
I've make a french tutoriel/manual for use ScummVm.
It's a french manual.
If it's interest you. (it's in htlm language)
Of course, if english or other users whant to tranlate it, there is no problem.
shanemender

Post by shanemender »

Hi Qvist...
My name is shane i am new here...
Thanks for guiding me to this forum...
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

So i've make a tutorial (french, sorry very bad in english) in pdf for newbie. If the team find this one good i'll give the original file, i've make it on OpenOffice.

French tuto
preludebabe

Post by preludebabe »

Hi - newbie here - - I must be thick - I have ALL Lucas games and have dug them out from Ebay on CD - cant see a thread for a thicko like me on how to create a directory - - literally a step by step guide on how to get the games from disc to hard drive and then finding them - - can anyone provide a link or help me. Facebook is boring me and I need some good old game play !!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

preludebabe wrote:literally a step by step guide on how to get the games from disc to hard drive and then finding them - - can anyone provide a link or help me.
For a description that detailed, it would depend on which operating system you're using. But surely, most of them have built-in help on how to copy files?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

preludebabe wrote:Hi - newbie here - - I must be thick
Come now surely not but when you say getting the files from disc to hard drive it suggests you don't have much experience with computers.
If that's where you are just say. No problem. As long as your friendly there will be people here who will help you.
preludebabe

Post by preludebabe »

Im afraid so. Ive copied the files to hard drive by copying and pasting - followed instructions and scmmvm cant find what its looking for. I know 100% that I am no good with computers and dont want to bust mine up. I am running Vista on a laptop - - - **sigh** Should have kept my old £30 windows 95 machine lol !! If anyone can head me in the right direction of a Guru or miracle worker, I would be so grateful !!!
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

@preludebabe
Try this guide;
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=8012
The mysterious thing you are doing wrong may be covered there.
Frizzeh

Post by Frizzeh »

Hi folks, I'm having some trouble playing "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".
This is my first time using Scumm, but it seems to me that it won't recognize the game inside its directory folder. Anything I might be missing here?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Frizzeh wrote: This is my first time using Scumm, but it seems to me that it won't recognize the game inside its directory folder. Anything I might be missing here?
It would probably be easier to guess what could be wrong if you said exactly which files are in that folder.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Frizzeh wrote:Hi folks, I'm having some trouble playing "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".
This is my first time using Scumm, but it seems to me that it won't recognize the game inside its directory folder. Anything I might be missing here?
Can't be sure , but it sounds like you tried to install the game. Don't install it. Copy the files listed here to a directory on your HD from the CD and point ScummVM there.