AGI Required Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Espiox

AGI Required Files

Post by Espiox »

The Datafiles page gives no mention to the AGI Engine games. Are there any unnecessary files, or is every one needed?

And are there any plans to make ScummVM recognize specific AGI games rather than just see 'AGI'?
futaris

Post by futaris »

AGI is still WIP atm. I'm working on dictionary based (like GBAGI) input for it atm.

Files needed are:
logdir
picdir
viewdir
snddir
object
viewdir
vol.*
words.tok

Depending on what version of AGI the game is these files may or may not be there. About the only files you don't need are the OVL and EXE files.

At the moment, I don't think ScummVM recognises versions of AGI files, etc, etc. Sarien, NAGI and GBAGI do, so I think the code is out there, and just needs to be merged in.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

futaris wrote: At the moment, I don't think ScummVM recognises versions of AGI files, etc, etc. Sarien, NAGI and GBAGI do, so I think the code is out there, and just needs to be merged in.
In fact it does. However there are plans to completely replace current CRC-based detection scheme.

Eugene
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

I am thinking about using zip files. zip files automatically give you CRC's as meta data, and one could scan the header and pull them out with little to no overhead for detection. plus its all nicely bundled in 1 file instead of many files...

i originally had md5 going but it is sheer overkill for such small agi files
clem

Post by clem »

df wrote:I am thinking about using zip files. zip files automatically give you CRC's as meta data, and one could scan the header and pull them out with little to no overhead for detection. plus its all nicely bundled in 1 file instead of many files...
The FAQ differs though: http://scummvm.org/faq.php#AEN250

and about nicely bundled - zipping them up is just one more step the user has to take before being able to play the games?
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

meh. it would have saved a lot of problems. ohwell. i'll throw that idea + code out.
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

By the way, do Manhunter 1 and 2 and Gold Rush work in ScummVM yet? I've got all the files but it's not seeing them.

Edit: Getting the latest SVN build solved it. Thanks for your help guys.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

it would be a good idea to enable support for some sort of bundled format though:)
NLS

Post by NLS »

I don't get it - why you resurrected a two year dead thread?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I'm sorry NLS, it was linked from http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5234

Didn't check the date, my bad.