MAC cd-roms

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Valdiir

MAC cd-roms

Post by Valdiir »

One of my friends was going through some of his old stuff recently and found a few old games he didn't want any more (Sam and Max hit the road and Day of the tentacle).
Not being one to turn down great old games (who would?), I accepted them. They are, however, MAC Cd-Roms, not PC CD-Roms, so running them on my Windows 98 is out of the question. I read in the readme that SCUMMVM can play MAC games, if you download the HFVExplorer first, and follow the instructions on wiki.scumm.org(etc.). Now here's the problem. When I copy the Sam and Max data file, for example, SCUMMVM cannot find the file when I try to add the game. What am I doing wrong?
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

You have to select the directory that contains the file.
Valdiir

Post by Valdiir »

I hate to sound like a noob, but how exactly do I do that? The directory (the cd drive) doesn't copy, and selecting the entire contents of the folder and copying doesn't work either.
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

You only need the file called “Day of the Tentacle Data” from the CD-ROM (as stated on the game data files page). Let's assume you copied it to the directory C:\DOTT\.

Now, to add the game you have to point ScummVM to the directory that contains the data file. Select “Add Game...”, browse to C:\DOTT\ and click “Choose”. That should do it. You won't see the data file listed there, as ScummVM's add game dialog does not show files.
Valdiir

Post by Valdiir »

Really? I feel so noob-ish :oops:
Thanks very much though