Moving Game Saves

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ell223

Moving Game Saves

Post by Ell223 »

Hi, i was playing monkey island 1 from the cd, but now i want to play it off of scumm, how can I move the save game so I can carry on from where i was? :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Moving Game Saves

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ell223 wrote:Hi, i was playing monkey island 1 from the cd, but now i want to play it off of scumm, how can I move the save game so I can carry on from where i was? :D
Savegames created by the original interpreter are usually (the Simon engine may be the one exception) not compatible with ScummVM, if that's what you mean. There's no way to convert them.
clem

Post by clem »

the kyra savegames should be quite straightforwards to RE, question is if it's worth the trouble to add support for loading them
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

clem wrote:the kyra savegames should be quite straightforwards to RE, question is if it's worth the trouble to add support for loading them
no our savegame stuff is a bit different from the original, maybe there could be support for the original ones added with extra work. (that would need some checks, since the savegames are a bit different with version to version it seems.)
clem

Post by clem »

LordHoto wrote:no our savegame stuff is a bit different from the original, maybe there could be support for the original ones added with extra work. (that would need some checks, since the savegames are a bit different with version to version it seems.)
that's what I meant

flags are easy, stuff like in which room which item lies where on the floor is probably the hard part
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

clem wrote:
LordHoto wrote:no our savegame stuff is a bit different from the original, maybe there could be support for the original ones added with extra work. (that would need some checks, since the savegames are a bit different with version to version it seems.)
that's what I meant

flags are easy, stuff like in which room which item lies where on the floor is probably the hard part
the hard parts are the timer stuff and such. the roomtable is saved like in the original iirc, just in a bit safer way.
lincruste

Post by lincruste »

eriktorbjorn wrote:[...]Savegames created by the original interpreter are usually (the Simon engine may be the one exception) not compatible with ScummVM, if that's what you mean. There's no way to convert them.
Hello all,
Sorry for resurrecting this old topic, but the compatibility of Simon the Sorcerer original savefiles with ScummVM is confirmed. The original ones are named "SAVE.001", "SAVE.002"... and so on. They just need to be renamed "simon1.00x" where "x" is the save slot number and then copied in ScummVM's save directory. Tested with release 0.12.0, I should update but it works fine for my games ;).