The Dig - no cinematics

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Trokcus

The Dig - no cinematics

Post by Trokcus »

The dig runs smoothly on the scummvm 0.9.0, but.....i have no cinematics, not the explosion of the asteorid, not the fall of the blonde guy to the subway system...it just pops from one scene to the other.

what can i do? it's a shame to play this great game without the cinematics, please help.

maybe i have the compressed version, the installer is 430 mb.

thanks! :D
Jimbob

Re: The Dig - no cinematics

Post by Jimbob »

Trokcus wrote:The dig runs smoothly on the scummvm 0.9.0, but.....i have no cinematics, not the explosion of the asteorid, not the fall of the blonde guy to the subway system...it just pops from one scene to the other.

what can i do? it's a shame to play this great game without the cinematics, please help.

maybe i have the compressed version, the installer is 430 mb.

thanks! :D
Well my animations are in a folder called VIDEO and they seem to play fine here, do you have this folder?

If not, where did you get The Dig from? If you have the CD then just copy the VIDEO folder from it. I don't think you'll get much help if you've downloaded it from the Internet.
Trokcus

Post by Trokcus »

Now it works fine, i copyed the video folder from other cd......but, after the cinematcis plays, the "F5" is left disable.....and i can't make it work, any suggestions?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Trokcus wrote:Now it works fine, i copyed the video folder from other cd......but, after the cinematcis plays, the "F5" is left disable.....and i can't make it work, any suggestions?
Strange. I don't see why the cutscenes would have anything to do with the handling of F5, so I assume it was the same even before. I hear the function keys can be tricky on some laptops, but I don't know if that's your problem.