Feeble Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

True, but i cannot use RADTools on Amiga, so i have to use a PC (with Linux)

I have everything else installed, so the only thing i'd need is the
(linux/PC) version of encode_dxa...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You may be interested in this. Yesterday I committed a working Batch files for autoconverting Feeble Files Smacker videos into DXA. You may find them in next daily snapshot.

They're partially based on some scripts posted on this forum.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

sev wrote:You may be interested in this. Yesterday I committed a working Batch files for autoconverting Feeble Files Smacker videos into DXA. You may find them in next daily snapshot.

They're partially based on some scripts posted on this forum.

Eugene
The batch file?

Got it from svn already, thanks

Will a pc build of encode_dxa.exe be in the next daily snapshot, too?
(or maybe one for linux?)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Raziel wrote:Will a pc build of encode_dxa.exe be in the next daily snapshot, too?
It's already at the bottom of the downloads page.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Cheers

i thought there had to be a special tools build somewhere, thanks a lot both of you
Zeladin

Post by Zeladin »

Hi there, first post in these forums;

I've been burning to ask this question. I've been putting together Feeble files from the 4cd Pc edition. I'm just wondering what happens when you feed the dxa encoder 320x240 png files instead of the conventional 640x480. I have a faint suspicion...

Also is there anywhere one can get a compiled dxa player. Do the lower res amiga videos scale to the screen? Would I be able to use 320x240 dxa files sensibly, if the encoder does actually produce them? I'm running this on the Gp2x btw, but I don't think this is specific to the Gp2x really. Thanks.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Zeladin wrote:I'm just wondering what happens when you feed the dxa encoder 320x240 png files instead of the conventional 640x480. I have a faint suspicion...
I believe the encoder gets the movie width/height from the Smacker (or Bink) file, not the individual frames. As long as they match, I guess things would be ok. There are a couple of movies in the PC version of The Feeble Files where the frames are 56x104 pixels.

I'm not sure what'd happen if you tried to scale down the movies, though. For most of the game it'd probably work, but there's that arcade sequence later in the game...
Zeladin

Post by Zeladin »

Ah, so I'd have to re-smk the originals down (just to get the headers the encoder reads right) and then the usual business. Leaving out the arcade game videos. But would the in game dxa player scale to screen automatically/ presumably if it works with the Amiga versions...

I think I'll do a bit of experimenting. :) Thanks for the info

Edit; Just to confirm it seems the player doesn't scale a 320x240 dxa file to screen(640x480). This I'm sure could easily be added as an option in the dxa player code. The dxa encoder even tells you the size of your image.
tozcentral

No Sound :(

Post by tozcentral »

I've finally got feeble to run but I don't get any sound with the cut scenes, The MP3s are def there and I've listened to one separately and it worked ok.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux with the Christmas Day SVN of ScummVM

Could that have something to do with it?

Well other then the cut scenes sound it all works fine as far a I can tell.

Chris
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: No Sound :(

Post by eriktorbjorn »

tozcentral wrote:I've finally got feeble to run but I don't get any sound with the cut scenes, The MP3s are def there and I've listened to one separately and it worked ok.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux with the Christmas Day SVN of ScummVM

Could that have something to do with it?

Well other then the cut scenes sound it all works fine as far a I can tell.
I've only tried it with Ogg Vorbis audio myself, but as far as I can tell there isn't any difference in how the different forms of compressed audio are supported. I.e. if one works, so should the others, provided that ScummVM has been compiled with the appropriate libraries.

You say you're using the development version of ScummVM. Did you compile it yourself? If so, are you sure ScummVM was compiled with support for MP3 audio? You should be able to tell from the output of the configure script.
tozcentral

Post by tozcentral »

Thank you oh wise and humble developer. I didn't have the development files required for half of the stuff.

Now all I gotta do is get Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 working

Thanks again
beach

Post by beach »

Hey y'all, I can't find oggenc because all the sites it was on are "in transition." Can someone put it on rapidshare?

I found a japanese one, but it turns the files into .ogg.

?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Glad you found it.
Strange Japanese version of oggenc which turns the files into .ogg. :wink:
beach

Post by beach »

Actually it's the same as the regular one, and can be faster because some versions are optimized for newer processors.

It's here. Rename it to oggenc.exe to use it. :wink:
Jeff Threepwood

Post by Jeff Threepwood »

Yesterday I found an old Feeble Files box (Win, 4CD) for 1 euro... My problem : I have a MacIntosh (with a G4, not an "intel CPU" one), and I don't know how to transform these SMK into DXA (the RAD tools seems to exist only on Windows). I tried with VirtualPC, but it is so slow that it takes about one hour to decode a single file.

Is there any alternative ?

Thanks.