Escape from Monkey Island ScummVM Install guide?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lucky13

Escape from Monkey Island ScummVM Install guide?

Post by lucky13 »

So I have tried to follow the install wiki guide but when I go to start the game it says no game found..can I check I have done this correctly

I've created a new folder called Escape from Monkey Island and then I have copied the following files and ended up with this:

Textures Folder ( with lots of files )
Movies Folder ( with lots of files )
13 x xxx.m4b files
MonkeyUpdate.exe

I obtained the MonkeyUpdate.exe directly from the Disney website

Am I missing something ?

Thanks
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Escape from Monkey Island ScummVM Install guide?

Post by Praetorian »

lucky13 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:43 pm I've created a new folder called Escape from Monkey Island and then I have copied the following files and ended up with this:
Textures Folder ( with lots of files )
Movies Folder ( with lots of files )
13 x xxx.m4b files
MonkeyUpdate.exe
Are you testing with a daily development build (2.3.0git)? You should be testing with one of those. EoMI was not supported in the 2.2.0 stable.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I’m using 2.2.1pre123 on the nintendo switch..are we saying that EFMI isn’t supported on that version ?

thanks
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

lucky13 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:28 pm I’m using 2.2.1pre123 on the nintendo switch..are we saying that EFMI isn’t supported on that version ?

thanks
Yes. It is not supported in that version.
You currently need a daily development build (2.3.0git) to run EFMI, since the ResidualVM code which implemented the engine for the game is not yet part of a ScummVM official stable release.

Also keep in mind, our compatibility chart page for the development builds states EFMI as "bugged", so glitches and other bugs are to be expected. We do always appreciate testing it and reporting any bugs you encounter, which are not yet reported, on our bug tracker.

https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/help ... _bugs.html
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

ahhhh brilliant thanks for pointing out...I'll upgrade :)
cont3xt

Post by cont3xt »

Wanted to thanks this thread a lot. I own the game on Steam, and I couldn't make it work correctly (it was crashing when saving a file), and I tried all sorts of shenanigans (dgVodoo, EMI Launcher, etc) and nothing worked.

Gladly, using the version mentioned here, the game runs like a charm. Thanks for the hard work. I will surely report back any bugs I find :D