With every update more games stop working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VinnieL

With every update more games stop working

Post by VinnieL »

Can somebody explain why ScummVM not only requires daily updates .. but why after said daily updates are done more and more games I have for ScummVM stop working!?!??!? ... It is REALLY annoying..

So far about 5 of my games have stopped working properly with ScummVM .. Specifically FMV games like Phantasmagoria 1 and 2 which now have such jittery videos that it is completely unplayable...
MusicallyInspired

Re: With every update more games stop working

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Try removing and readding the game to ScummVM. I noticed a few SCI2/32 games were not found when I tried to run them on latest builds and had to readd them to the list then they played properly. Don't know if that's related.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: With every update more games stop working

Post by Praetorian »

VinnieL wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:16 pm Can somebody explain why ScummVM not only requires daily updates .. but why after said daily updates are done more and more games I have for ScummVM stop working!?!??!? ... It is REALLY annoying..

So far about 5 of my games have stopped working properly with ScummVM .. Specifically FMV games like Phantasmagoria 1 and 2 which now have such jittery videos that it is completely unplayable...
Please report any bugs you encounter using either the stable or, especially, if testing with a daily ScummVM build.

Daily developer builds are expected to be more prone to bugs, regressions and require user feedback to spot the bugs and get them fixed. This is the normal, proper process.

Of course, ScummVM does not require daily updates and, if it gets annoying, you can skip the dailies and wait for a stable release. Hopefully, any outstanding bugs, and certainly any regressions, will get fixed by then -- as long as someone tests and provides feedback.