Only OpenGL and SDL now?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Blakes7

Only OpenGL and SDL now?

Post by Blakes7 »

The latest daily build for scummVM seems to have no other option for graphics mode. Is this intended or am I missing something?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Only OpenGL and SDL now?

Post by Praetorian »

Blakes7 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:13 am The latest daily build for scummVM seems to have no other option for graphics mode. Is this intended or am I missing something?
The Graphics Mode dropdown now only has the options for OpenGL or SDL, and by default the mode is now OpenGL.

The scaler options which were (all) using SDL were split from Graphics Mode and put into two new dropdown lists grouped as "Scaler" option (still in the Graphics tab).

You'll only be able to see this Scaler option in the Graphics tab, if you select SDL in Graphics Mode and Apply the change.
Blakes7

Post by Blakes7 »

Praetorian wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:02 am
Blakes7 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:13 am The latest daily build for scummVM seems to have no other option for graphics mode. Is this intended or am I missing something?
The Graphics Mode dropdown now only has the options for OpenGL or SDL, and by default the mode is now OpenGL.

The scaler options which were (all) using SDL were split from Graphics Mode and put into two new dropdown lists grouped as "Scaler" option (still in the Graphics tab).

You'll only be able to see this Scaler option in the Graphics tab, if you select SDL in Graphics Mode and Apply the change.
Thanks for pointing that out. I seem to be able to apply SDL globally but not per game. Is that intended?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Blakes7 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:26 am

Thanks for pointing that out. I seem to be able to apply SDL globally but not per game. Is that intended?
That sounds like a bug to me. Make sure you're testing with a latest build, since there have been a few additional fixes for the new layout, and if it persists you can report this on the bug tracker or you could mention it on the Discord sever -- someone could verify if it's a bug, and if it's known, being worked on etc.

Edit: I've just tested and in my local Windows build, I'm able to set SDL Surface per game, and keep OpenGL globally. I don't see the scale options per game though. Otherwise I cannot reproduce the issue.
Blakes7

Post by Blakes7 »

Praetorian wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:45 am

That sounds like a bug to me. Make sure you're testing with a latest build, since there have been a few additional fixes for the new layout, and if it persists you can report this on the bug tracker or you could mention it on the Discord sever -- someone could verify if it's a bug, and if it's known, being worked on etc.

Edit: I've just tested and in my local Windows build, I'm able to set SDL Surface per game, and keep OpenGL globally. I don't see the scale options per game though. Otherwise I cannot reproduce the issue.
The issue for me is not seeing the scale option for SDL per game - if I have OpenGL set globally. It means I have to select SDL globally if I want to use scale options for some games and opengl for others.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Blakes7 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:23 am
Praetorian wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:45 am

The issue for me is not seeing the scale option for SDL per game - if I have OpenGL set globally. It means I have to select SDL globally if I want to use scale options for some games and opengl for others.
I see. Then that definitely sounds like a bug.