scummvm.ini Where Are My Keybinds>

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EstelRandir

scummvm.ini Where Are My Keybinds>

Post by EstelRandir »

I wanted to see if I could manually bind the same hotkey function to two different keys - toggle fullscreen - by manually adding an additional line for the same function. I wanted to use both alt+enter & F11. When I opened the scummvm.ini, I only fine one key is mapped. The keybinds as defined in scummvm options work. But in the .ini file were are my other keybinds?

[keymapper]
keymap_global_MENU=F5
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: scummvm.ini Where Are My Keybinds>

Post by Praetorian »

EstelRandir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:23 pm I wanted to see if I could manually bind the same hotkey function to two different keys - toggle fullscreen - by manually adding an additional line for the same function. I wanted to use both alt+enter & F11. When I opened the scummvm.ini, I only fine one key is mapped. The keybinds as defined in scummvm options work. But in the .ini file were are my other keybinds?

[keymapper]
keymap_global_MENU=F5
Only the keymaps that are manually edited will appear in the scummvm.ini.
The default keymaps will not.

In 2.3.0git, changing the keymap for the toggle fullscreen functionality, by adding the F11 key, results in the following entry in scummvm.ini:

Code: Select all

[keymapper]
keymap_sdl-graphics_FULS=A+RETURN F11 A+KP_ENTER
EstelRandir

Post by EstelRandir »

Praetorian wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm
EstelRandir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:23 pm I wanted to see if I could manually bind the same hotkey function to two different keys - toggle fullscreen - by manually adding an additional line for the same function. I wanted to use both alt+enter & F11. When I opened the scummvm.ini, I only fine one key is mapped. The keybinds as defined in scummvm options work. But in the .ini file were are my other keybinds?

[keymapper]
keymap_global_MENU=F5

In 2.3.0git, changing the keymap for the toggle fullscreen functionality, by adding the F11 key, results in the following entry in scummvm.ini:

[keymapper]
Thanks. I did not want to edit them in the UI for fear that it would override instead of add to the default keybind. That is why I wanted to manually add them to the .ini file. That is how it works in other emulators anyway.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

EstelRandir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 pm
Praetorian wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm

[keymapper]
keymap_global_MENU=F5

[keymapper]
Thanks. I did not want to edit them in the UI for fear that it would override instead of add to the default keybind. That is why I wanted to manually add them to the .ini file. That is how it works in other emulators anyway.
I understand.
However, the UI also gives you the option to return to the default keymapping for a function (just click to the small arrow icon next to the mappings for this function and select "Reset to defaults"). So, it's safe enough to experiment :P