party.sav file for Ultima IV?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bliznik

party.sav file for Ultima IV?

Post by bliznik »

Does anyone know where the party.sav file is saved for ScummVM for Ultima IV?

If I run Ultima IV using xu4, this file is located at [User Dir]\AppData\Roaming\xu4

If I run Ultima IV using ScummVM, I don't see anything located at [User Dir]\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM\Saved Games directory except for a bunch of Ultima 4 savegames.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: party.sav file for Ultima IV?

Post by dreammaster »

For ScummVM, the savegame code was refactored so that everything was saved in the single savegame files. So there's no longer any separate party.sav file anymore.
bliznik

Post by bliznik »

dreammaster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 am For ScummVM, the savegame code was refactored so that everything was saved in the single savegame files. So there's no longer any separate party.sav file anymore.
That's a shame. I guess for anyone playing Ultima V, they won't be able to import their character if they play Ultima IV on ScummVM then.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

bliznik wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 am That's a shame. I guess for anyone playing Ultima V, they won't be able to import their character if they play Ultima IV on ScummVM then.
Good point. Guess an export option will need to be added so a separate party.sav can be generated