Small text in fullscreen GUI (macOS)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

almeath

Small text in fullscreen GUI (macOS)

Post by almeath »

In the latest nightly builds for version 2.3, the GUI text on a 'retina' display (in this case 5120x2880) when using OpenGL is very small. This is under Mojave.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmuk756jykxb5ly/GUI.png?dl=0

Is this the current expected behavior in the daily builds?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Small text in fullscreen GUI (macOS)

Post by criezy »

Yes and no. We added HiDPI screen support for ScummVM recently, but there is currently some assumptions that are made on the screen scaling factor that are incorrect. This is something I am planning to look at soon.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Also, from what I understand, the new changes won't work well with the ScummVM Classic Theme specifically.
almeath

Post by almeath »

criezy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:10 pm Yes and no. We added HiDPI screen support for ScummVM recently, but there is currently some assumptions that are made on the screen scaling factor that are incorrect. This is something I am planning to look at soon.
Thanks, good to know.
almeath

Post by almeath »

criezy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:10 pm Yes and no. We added HiDPI screen support for ScummVM recently, but there is currently some assumptions that are made on the screen scaling factor that are incorrect. This is something I am planning to look at soon.
I have been doing some play-testing with AGD games using the latest daily builds for macOS. Most of them are working well, but some of them (i.e. Quest for Infamy) have a strange mouse cursor problem. When the cursor is moved to the lower third of the screen, the cursor flies off to the bottom right corner and is locked there. It can be moved around about a centimeter in any direction, but there is no way to release it or get it to move freely across the screen again.

Before I report this as a potential bug, I was wondering if it might be related to the HiDPI screen issue? Could the cursor be locking because of some confusion as to where it 'thinks' it is on the screen? I notice that in the latest builds the interface is still showing up in extremely small text and graphics as I originally reported.