Where is the Debugger Console?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Windows TV

Where is the Debugger Console?

Post by Windows TV »

Sorry if this has been asked already, I did try to search and couldn't find anything regarding it.

I can't start the Debugger by doing "CTRL+D" in the official ScummVM build ver 2.2.0. How do I enable the debugger console?

Thanks!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Where is the Debugger Console?

Post by Praetorian »

Windows TV wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:52 pm Sorry if this has been asked already, I did try to search and couldn't find anything regarding it.

I can't start the Debugger by doing "CTRL+D" in the official ScummVM build ver 2.2.0. How do I enable the debugger console?

Thanks!
I think the new default for (most?) platforms is Ctrl+Alt+d

What is the platform you are testing on?
ScummVM 2.2.0 and newer have the keymapper so, please check under Options... -> Keymaps (Tab) for the "Open Debugger" action keymap.
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

Praetorian wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm I think the new default for (most?) platforms is Ctrl+Alt+d
That opened it, thanks! Did not know it changed, I'm coming from an old version of ScummVM so I honestly did not know it changed xD
Praetorian wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm What is the platform you are testing on?
ScummVM 2.2.0 and newer have the keymapper so, please check under Options... -> Keymaps (Tab) for the "Open Debugger" action keymap.
Windows 8.1 using the 64 bit 2.2.0 Release. I found the keymapper, I honestly looked over it while in the main window of ScummVM and I kept checking while playing a game and was confused when I didn't see it.

Another question if I may, I just downloaded a daily build and I noticed the Command Line Debug Log is not running along side ScummVM. Is this a change or did I just download a different version of ScummVM( I am looking for the daily build just the one with the Command Window)?

Thanks!!
Last edited by Windows TV on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Windows TV wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:04 pm Another question if I may, I just downloaded a nightly build and I noticed the Command Line Debug Log is not running along side ScummVM. Is this a change or did I just download a different version of ScummVM( I am looking for the Nightly Build just the one with the Command Window)?

Thanks!!
If you downloaded the "ScummVM Snapshot for Windows" (.exe) from our Downloads page (https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#daily) and installed it, then it should display the console window titled "ScummVM Status Window" in the background from the default shortcut, plus it will also set a shortcut "ScummVM (no console)", which should close the background console if ScummVM is launched using that. I just tested this.

If you downloaded a daily build (.zip) from our buildbot here (https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/snapshots), under "ScummVM latest" column, then indeed that does not display the console window in the background. It could be some slight misconfiguration on the parameters for the build on the (quite new) buildbot. (The stable build under "ScummVM stable" column also has this issue).
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

Praetorian wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:40 pm If you downloaded the "ScummVM Snapshot for Windows" (.exe) from our Downloads page (https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#daily) and installed it, then it should display the console window titled "ScummVM Status Window" in the background from the default shortcut, plus it will also set a shortcut "ScummVM (no console)", which should close the background console if ScummVM is launched using that. I just tested this.

If you downloaded a daily build (.zip) from our buildbot here (https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/snapshots), under "ScummVM latest" column, then indeed that does not display the console window in the background. It could be some slight misconfiguration on the parameters for the build on the (quite new) buildbot. (The stable build under "ScummVM stable" column also has this issue).
Thank you for letting me know, yeah I downloaded the daily build (.zip) from the buildbot. I wasn't sure if I just accidentally downloaded a different version that did not include the console window. I'll download the exe then, I didn't do that initially in case the installer would overwrite some configs from the old ScummVM I still use. Also, sorry for calling the builds "nightly" that was my bad.

Thanks for the help!!