Gabriel Knight 1 Save Problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tree_poplar

Gabriel Knight 1 Save Problem

Post by tree_poplar »

I'm using Scummv for some time now, and never have this kind of problem. It's really bugging me cause I really want to play GK since I never did. Everything works fine, but I can't restore my saves. It shows me information :"that game was saved under a different game or interpreter version"
Can anyone help me to overcome this issue?
appoloin

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 Save Problem

Post by appoloin »

This sound like a problem I encountered some time ago, I just switched to dosbox but this might help
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16198&p=94696&hilit=knight#p94696
tree_poplar

Post by tree_poplar »

jeez, I don't unerstand. First, where should be this "version" file, or should i deleted or create one?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

tree_poplar wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:08 am I'm using Scummv for some time now, and never have this kind of problem. It's really bugging me cause I really want to play GK since I never did. Everything works fine, but I can't restore my saves. It shows me information :"that game was saved under a different game or interpreter version"
Can anyone help me to overcome this issue?
Please, first check if you have all the necessary files copied in your game data folder.
Look into this recent ticket too, where this issue is also reported (and was due to a missing required data file: "VERSION ")
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/12060

Also, if the issue persists, let us know more specifics about the platform (Operating System, hardware), ScummVM version, and game version you're testing with.
tree_poplar

Post by tree_poplar »

Thanks guys, don't know how you did it, but I managed it thanks to your advice.
I'm going to New Orlean.
Cheers.