support for Cryo games

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gigivisciano

support for Cryo games

Post by gigivisciano »

Hello, my name is Luigi Visciano and i'm a new member of the forum. I would like to play Cryo Interactive titles with the Scummvm emulator, for example Aztec: The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold, China: The Forbidden City, Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh, Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy, Atlantis: The Lost Tales and Atlantis II: Beyond Atlantis. is there anyone who can support them on the emulator?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: support for Cryo games

Post by Praetorian »

gigivisciano wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:22 am Hello, my name is Luigi Visciano and i'm a new member of the forum. I would like to play Cryo Interactive titles with the Scummvm emulator, for example Aztec: The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold, China: The Forbidden City, Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh, Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy, Atlantis: The Lost Tales and Atlantis II: Beyond Atlantis. is there anyone who can support them on the emulator?
Hi there.

It is common misconception, but ScummVM is not an emulator. The developers re-implement the game engines for each case, and currently our Cryomni3D implementation only supports Versailles 1685.

According to the wiki entry, there are plans to extend the engine implementation to support more titles, but it depends on developers schedules and availability.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: support for Cryo games

Post by digitall »

gigivisciano: Since you are new, you may want to read the Forum Rules: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17

https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/help ... n-emulator