Can't run Myst Masterpiece Edition without ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NormanPuppus

Can't run Myst Masterpiece Edition without ScummVM

Post by NormanPuppus »

Hello. I have had Myst Masterpiece Edition in my Steam library for a while. After downloading ScummVM, when I went to play Myst from Steam, it automatically started up via Scumm. I want to run Myst without Scumm, but literally nothing I do can accomplish that now. I have uninstalled Scumm, deleted any file that has to do with Scumm, uninstalled and reinstalled Myst multiple times to my Steam library, and rebooted my machine. Every time I install Myst off of Steam, it automatically downloads with the Scumm replacement files in the steamapps folder. If I delete the Scumm files from the steamapps folder and try running Myst, it will not run. I want to run Myst without scumm because when I try recording gameplay via bandicam for my Lets Play channel, the audio is skipping in parts of the recording. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Can't run Myst Masterpiece Edition without ScummVM

Post by digitall »

That sounds like an issue with Steam, rather than ScummVM. You would need to ask in the Steam support forums about that.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Hmm, a quick search throws up https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1863469071. You may want to take a look at the ""Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" option set for Myst.
NormanPuppus

Post by NormanPuppus »

digitall wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:04 pm Hmm, a quick search throws up https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1863469071. You may want to take a look at the ""Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" option set for Myst.
Excellent, will do. Thank you so much for the reply!