Shivers Sound Issue

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

markm

Shivers Sound Issue

Post by markm »

I'm playing my old Shivers disc for the first time since I was a teen thanks to this amazing project, but encountered a sound-related bug: There is background music playing where it shouldn't be playing, and it won't stop; it plays over all sounds, including other background music. (Specifically, it's the music when you approach a wood-type Ixupi. It now plays over everything throughout the whole game.)

This music is somehow baked into my saved game, so restarting has no effect, and there's no way to get it to stop, short of starting a brand new game and losing several hours of gameplay.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Shivers Sound Issue

Post by Praetorian »

This is an old known issue, according to our bug tracker, although no recent feedback was submitted about it.

Are you testing with a recent ScummVM build?

If so, can you take a look at the bug ticket and provide some further feedback (eg. is it still happening with daily development build 2.3.0git? Does the suggested workaround still work at least?)

https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/9746
markm

Re: Shivers Sound Issue

Post by markm »

I've been using 2.2.0, but just tried downloading the latest dev build, and the music was still happening (although by this point, the audio resource that's playing is saved into my save file, so loading that file is probably not the best way to test if the underlying issue is fixed.)

At any rate, the open ticket describes exactly what happened to me, so clearly this is a known issue. I'll see if I can add any more details to the ticket.