Freddy Pharkas bug?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Giraffe

Freddy Pharkas bug?

Post by Giraffe »

I'm playing this game the first time on ScummVM. I did Sadie's medicine in act 1, I have the prescription box in my inventory but when I try to give her the box, she refuses it ("Freddy darlin, you I know just LOVE to see your stuff"). I've read walkthroughs and watched Youtube playthroughs and in those you just give her the box but in my game it doesn't work.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Freddy Pharkas bug?

Post by digitall »

Did you complete the medication correctly? My walkthrough says:
"Sadie Ovaree will enter the pharmacy. Exit the pharmacy. West. West. Enter the
saloon. Get the shot glass from Doc Gillespie's table. Combine the shot glass with Ovaree's prescription and then use the
glass to read it. Give the shot glass and prescription to Doc Gillespie and he will correct it. Exit the saloon. East. East. Enter
the pharmacy. Open the door to enter the back room. Use the laboratory.

Add 15 gm of Bimethylquinoline to the balance. Use the balance pan on the mortar & pestle. Add 15 gm of
Metyraphosphate to the balance. Use the balance pan on the mortar and pestle. Put six medicinal papers on the counter. Use
the mortar & pestle to stir it. Use the 5 gm. measuring spatula on the mortar and pestle and put 5 gms of the medication on
each medicinal paper. Put all of the medicinal papers inside a prescription box to complete the medication. South. Give the
medication to Ovaree."
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Okay, I did the prescription again and now it worked. I don't know what I did wrong the previous time since I followed the walkthrough. I got confused when I read Wikipedia and there it reads: "An incorrect prescription will result in the customer returning angrily, but does not end the game." So I expected the game telling me I got the prescription wrong but apparently not.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I haven't analysed the game scripts for FPFP, but this is either a minor script deficiency or the problem is recoverable / prescription incomplete. Anyway, shrug, glad you are sorted.