Input lag GLK Lurking

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

appoloin

Input lag GLK Lurking

Post by appoloin »

It appears like scummvm goes to sleep, awakes with keyboard input but takes a second or two to catch up, once scummvm has caught up there is no lag.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Input lag GLK Lurking

Post by dreammaster »

appoloin wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:11 pm It appears like scummvm goes to sleep, awakes with keyboard input but takes a second or two to catch up, once scummvm has caught up there is no lag.
Unfortunately, this may be something specific to just your system, whatever it is. I wasn't able to replicate any issue here locally on my Windows system.
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

I spotted some thing similar with BrainCastle and BrainIsland, a micro stutter if the pointer is ideal for too long, but I've just finished the Monkey Islands and there was no problem. I using Mint 20.0, Scummvm 2.2 it's the official built from here, launched via Lutris. Any ideas?

ps
Sorry the late response, didn't get an new post notification.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

appoloin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:40 am I spotted some thing similar with BrainCastle and BrainIsland, a micro stutter if the pointer is ideal for too long, but I've just finished the Monkey Islands and there was no problem. I using Mint 20.0, Scummvm 2.2 it's the official built from here, launched via Lutris. Any ideas?

ps
Sorry the late response, didn't get an new post notification.
I don't know linux very well, but does it feature some kind of "mouse blanker" which erases/ blanks the mouse pointer after some idling?
If tes, you could try to shut that feature down just for testing.

I can't reproduce such behaviour either
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

I not seeing an option like that in Cinnamon's perfs.

I can add a bit more detail to the original post, I had two windows open, one was Lurking with no scaling, and the second was Trizbort.io. The Brain games where running fullscreen with scaling of 3X and aspect ratio correction (Lutris defaults).
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

I've just finished Castle with aspect correction off, and the experience was a lot smoother. Now I wonder if my problems with Lurking where due the scaler option or the aspect correction, is that possible?
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

This is the command line Lutris using launch the game is anything wrong here

gamemoderun firejail --noprofile --net=none /usr/games/scummvm --extrapath=~/Games/DATA --themepath=~/Games/DATA --no-fullscreen --gfx-mode=3x --path=/home/user/Games/the-island-of-dr-brain islandbrain

Gamemoderun and Firejail are Lutris wide defaults
there are no themes in DATA
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

This is just weird, I tried Lurking again launching it from Scummvm GUI and Lutris, when launched from Lutris the lag would happen but when launched from Scummvm GUI no lag.

OK, the workaround is obvious, use Lutris for the install and ScummVM GUI for the launching.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Glad you got it working