Possible bug in The Longest Journey

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

morshem

Possible bug in The Longest Journey

Post by morshem »

Hello,

I'm really not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I really have no idea where to go. So maybe someone here can at least direct me to the right place.

I'm playing now The Longest Journey on ScummVM for the first time (what a great experience), and have encountered what seems to be a possible bug. After killing the snapjaw, his body seems to be blocking the entrance to the ship, and I couldn't find a single pixel where I can click in order to get there.
Snapjaw.jpg
Snapjaw.jpg (224.54 KiB) Viewed 505 times
In this screenshot I enabled the exit markers, to show that I'm supposedly pointing at the right place, but the cursor doesn't change into red (indicating an exit point). I have never encountered anything like that when playing the original game.

This could be unrelated to ScummVM at all, and is possibly because I'm playing with the mod The Longest Journey HD. But I couldn't even find how to contact the creator of this mod to ask him about that, so maybe someone here would know.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
morshem

Re: Possible bug in The Longest Journey

Post by morshem »

I managed to bypass this weird problem by temporarily disabling the mod.

So for the sake of future Google searchers: go to the game edit in ScummVM > Engine > deselect "Load modded assets". After entering the ship you can quit the game and re-enable the mod.