Lands of Lore on mac / bug report

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

landsofloremac

Lands of Lore on mac / bug report

Post by landsofloremac »

Hello everyone !

I'm playing Lands of Lore on Mac, and I wanted to report a bug. In Upper Opinhood, we are supposed to get through Scotia's barrier with the Vaelan's cube. To use it, we have to click right on a character to make the cube white and then use it against the barrier. Unfortunately, it won't work, nothing happens by clicking right. I saw a topic on that a few years ago but the solution submitted (making the cube a weapon) doesn't work anymore.
Would you happen to know if there is a way to fix it?

Thank you!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lands of Lore on mac / bug report

Post by digitall »

I would try this on earlier versions of ScummVM i.e. 1.8.0 or 2.0.0 to see if this is a recent regression in function. If so, then you should report this as a bug, but that is done on
the bug tracker at bugs.scummvm.org.
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lands of Lore on mac / bug report

Post by athrxx »

I have just done a quick test with LOL CD, LOL Floppy English and LOL PC-98 Japanese. The Vaelan's Cube works fine for me in all 3 versions. You have to pick it up and right click with it on one of the character portraits. You have to do it three times I think. After the first click there is an animation on Scotia's barrier, but it will not break. The cube will change color. After the second click I only get a comment from the character saying that they have to remove the barrier. And after the third right click there is another animation on the barrier and it will be removed.

Equipping the Vaelan's Cube as a weapon would only work on early floppy versions and only if you do not apply the official Westwood patch (ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/lands1/updates/lolus123.exe). Using the cube in this manner causes glitches (like being able to dupilcate the Vaelan's Cube indefinitely at the barrier). That's why I have fixed this in ScummVM so you never get to equip the cube like that regardless of whether you have applied the patch or not.

So, if there is actually any issue at all, maybe it's something with the right mouse clicks in general? Are you able to use other items by right clicking on the character portraits?

I you do want to open a bug tracker ticket, please attach a savegame from before Scotia's barrier.