No Games List, Only Status Window

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Znorps

No Games List, Only Status Window

Post by Znorps »

Installed ScummVM this morning and had Neverhood working. At one point my game crashed and I had to force kill the window. Since then when I double click scummvm.exe the only thing that opens up, is the status window.

The games list isn't in the task manager, and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help after 3 attempts.

I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or a config file or something. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: No Games List, Only Status Window

Post by Praetorian »

Znorps wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:46 am Installed ScummVM this morning and had Neverhood working. At one point my game crashed and I had to force kill the window. Since then when I double click scummvm.exe the only thing that opens up, is the status window.

The games list isn't in the task manager, and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help after 3 attempts.

I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or a config file or something. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Is there an error reported on the scummvm console window?
Or is there an error in the scummvm.log file?

Maybe the GUI window is placed off-screen?
If this is on Windows, you could try the "cascade windows" option by right clicking on the Windows' taskbar.
Or you could manually edit your scummvm configure file and set "fullscreen" to true.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User ... re_ScummVM