Problem/Bug in Curse of Monkey Island on PC

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Brushwood

Problem/Bug in Curse of Monkey Island on PC

Post by Brushwood »

Hi, i just recently bought Curse of Monkey Island on Steam for my WIndows 10 PC, everything went great and was playing for some time till i reached this point in the game:
https://youtu.be/zfAo3O2qZR0?t=8425

When i have to order a drink at the bar in the hotel a second time to die again but my problem is, when i talk to Goodsoup i dont get the option to order a drink again, i can only ask about the ring and how the business is going ( i was already at skull island so that option is gone) but no drink anymore. I have the insurance papers, i have the goodsoup book and he confirmed to me that i will be buried in the family crypt, but no second drink option.

I was already at skull island but of course with no money yet, already removed the ring from Elaines finger and now i need to die again.
Is that a bug because i did the other things first or did i miss something?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Problem/Bug in Curse of Monkey Island on PC

Post by eriktorbjorn »

You may want to file a bug report, and include a save game so people can test it to see what's happening. (I haven't played the game in many years myself, so I don't remember any of the details.)
Brushwood

Post by Brushwood »

Ok thanks, will take a look.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

Strange..... problaby you missing to do somethings because i have play this game recently and i finished it whitout any issue/problems.......
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Brushwood wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:33 pm Hi, i just recently bought Curse of Monkey Island on Steam for my WIndows 10 PC, everything went great and was playing for some time till i reached this point in the game:
https://youtu.be/zfAo3O2qZR0?t=8425

When i have to order a drink at the bar in the hotel a second time to die again but my problem is, when i talk to Goodsoup i dont get the option to order a drink again, i can only ask about the ring and how the business is going ( i was already at skull island so that option is gone) but no drink anymore. I have the insurance papers, i have the goodsoup book and he confirmed to me that i will be buried in the family crypt, but no second drink option.

I was already at skull island but of course with no money yet, already removed the ring from Elaines finger and now i need to die again.
Is that a bug because i did the other things first or did i miss something?
Are you playing in mega monkey difficulty by any chance?
There are different ways to solve this puzzle but for mega monkey you have to convince the bartender to be part of the goodsoup family first.

Try to "picture" it and you'll eventually get it ;-)