Kyrandia 2 Chapter 2 Letter cant be picked up!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

Kyrandia 2 Chapter 2 Letter cant be picked up!

Post by venom_INC »

Hi,
i have a Problem at the beginning of chapter 2, the screen with the hay bale, directly after the flight with the dragon. There is a letter that must be brought to the farmer, but it cannot be picked up! There where the letter is, is also the arrow for walking to the next screen in the game! It dont work to pick up the letter! What i can do to get the letter? :?:

I using the newest version of scumm vm an playing on an windows 10 system!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Kyrandia 2 Chapter 2 Letter cant be picked up!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

venom_INC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm Hi,
i have a Problem at the beginning of chapter 2, the screen with the hay bale, directly after the flight with the dragon. There is a letter that must be brought to the farmer, but it cannot be picked up! There where the letter is, is also the arrow for walking to the next screen in the game! It dont work to pick up the letter! What i can do to get the letter? :?:

I using the newest version of scumm vm an playing on an windows 10 system!
It works for me, but I've only tried with an old savegame I made right before giving the mail to the dragon. The way the envelope landed for me, the "walk arrow" doesn't appear until you reach the lower edge of the envelope. Clicking anywhere else on the envelope works.

But I take it it's different for you?
venom_INC
Got a warning

Re: Kyrandia 2 Chapter 2 Letter cant be picked up!

Post by venom_INC »

Hello,
i have found a troubleshooting yesterday after i have post this question here. You must click a few pixels above the envelope until the arrow disappeared and the normal mouse cursor will be displayed. Then you can take the envelope without trouble.

Thanks for your answer yet!!! :mrgreen: