SVN to Pre Question

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarkSoul

SVN to Pre Question

Post by DarkSoul »

Ever since the daily snapshot went from SVN to Pre the AGI engine has been disabled and ScummVM doesn't detect AGI games anymore. Is this an intentional change for the 0.9.0 release or is it just broken and the timing is a coincedence?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, it is intentional. 0.9.0 will not have lure, cine and agi angines, also gob2, kyra3 and ihnm will be disabled too.

All of above will return back to daily builds after release. 0.10.0svn already started to be not in sync with 0.9.0, i.e. development advanced forward.

Eugene
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

Not long after I posted I used the -z switch and discovered the others were gone. Makes sense to disable them in preparation of a stable release. Any idea when snapshots which do support AGI will become available for download?
massguy1980

Post by massguy1980 »

where can i download a version of scummvm that does support the agi engine? Its not fair that others have this version, and we are unable to take part in the fun of testing it out.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

It's only been an hour since I asked that same question :P, give the team a chance to answer.
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

massguy1980 wrote:where can i download a version of scummvm that does support the agi engine? Its not fair that others have this version, and we are unable to take part in the fun of testing it out.
You'll have to compile it yourself. It's not hard at all - you just need mingw or cygwin and GCC and SDL to compile it for Windows.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

massguy1980 wrote:where can i download a version of scummvm that does support the agi engine? Its not fair that others have this version, and we are unable to take part in the fun of testing it out.
Daily builds are a privilege, not a right.

Feel free to compile ScummVM with your favourite options enabled yourself.
Jurai

Post by Jurai »

I'm compiling both the trunk and branch builds for osx if you happen to use a mac, see other ports forum
massguy1980

Post by massguy1980 »

MetaFox wrote:
You'll have to compile it yourself. It's not hard at all - you just need mingw or cygwin and GCC and SDL to compile it for Windows.
i dont even know what that means. i could use a download link with all taht already done. im not a programmer
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

massguy1980 wrote:
MetaFox wrote:
i dont even know what that means. i could use a download link with all taht already done. im not a programmer
http://www.spacejack.org/games/mingw/mingw-sdl.html

Do that, then go to the scummvm source directory, read the readme on how to compile scummvm and you're set.

Everything you need to compile scummvm is out there, you just have to read up on how to do it.

So, either do that, or wait for the 0.10.0svn builds. Remember, the subversion sourcecode is meant for developers and testers. It's not meant for general public consumption.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

If you want to do a good to the project, please, test already supported games. We're very close to release, but still some important tests weren't completed. As a result I may be forced to postpone the release and you will not be able to play with AGI games even longer :?

Eugene
massguy1980

Post by massguy1980 »

MetaFox wrote:
massguy1980 wrote:
MetaFox wrote: You'll have to compile it yourself. It's not hard at all - you just need mingw or cygwin and GCC and SDL to compile it for Windows.
http://www.spacejack.org/games/mingw/mingw-sdl.html

Do that, then go to the scummvm source directory, read the readme on how to compile scummvm and you're set.

Everything you need to compile scummvm is out there, you just have to read up on how to do it.

So, either do that, or wait for the 0.10.0svn builds. Remember, the subversion sourcecode is meant for developers and testers. It's not meant for general public consumption.
i still dont understand. im not going to school to learn how to compile ones and zeros.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

My word their not tellin you to compile machine code!!!. I wish I didn't start this topic now. sev has already pointed out the release is on the horizon. Just be patient.