LOOM FM-Towns - Difficulty Setting? (Solution found - bug?)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Overand

LOOM FM-Towns - Difficulty Setting? (Solution found - bug?)

Post by Overand »

Hey, I'm running a recent (Early June) SVN build of SCUMMVM for OS X. I'm trying to figure out how to set difficulty in the FMTowns version of LOOM- on the compatability list, it suggests setting the bootparam to 0 - training, 1-easy, 2- difficult. I've started scummvm with "./scummvm -b 2" and "./scummvm -d 0 -b 2" as someone suggested, and have tried various other numbers too, but the game always loads in the 'training' difficulty. Anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by Overand on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Re: LOOM FM-Towns - Difficulty Setting?

Post by joachimeberhard »

Overand wrote:Hey, I'm running a recent (Early June) SVN build of SCUMMVM for OS X. I'm trying to figure out how to set difficulty in the FMTowns version of LOOM- on the compatability list, it suggests setting the bootparam to 0 - training, 1-easy, 2- difficult. I've started scummvm with "./scummvm -b 2" and "./scummvm -d 0 -b 2" as someone suggested, and have tried various other numbers too, but the game always loads in the 'training' difficulty. Anyone have any suggestions?
I can only speak for Windows, but here it doesn't accept spaces between the parameter and it's value.

Try "scummvm -b2" instead.
Overand

Solution Found!

Post by Overand »

So, apparently the solution is actually simpler than that. The space is fine, I simply have to specify the game to start on the commandline- in this case, 'looma'

start scummvm -t to see the list of targets, and in my case
./scummvm -b 2 looma

And that's that- you just can't select the game using the GUI- it 'forgets' the boot parameter.