Monkey Island - No Speech

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

toxsic

Monkey Island - No Speech

Post by toxsic »

...well I was searching the forum for a long time but haven't found anything that would solve my problem, i think.

I'm running scummVM on WinXP and I have the original CD of the DOS Version. I got music and everythings fine but i couldn't manage to enable the speech, can anyone help?

-toxsic-
Jimbob

Re: Monkey Island - No Speech

Post by Jimbob »

toxsic wrote: I'm running scummVM on WinXP and I have the original CD of the DOS Version. I got music and everythings fine but i couldn't manage to enable the speech, can anyone help?

-toxsic-
Ummmm, there isn't any AFAIK. Or should I say, there isn't any speech on my copy either and I believe speech only appeared on Monkey Island 3 onwards.
toxsic

Post by toxsic »

If you were right there shouldn't be a "Enable speech" button in the menu ^^
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

toxsic wrote:If you were right there shouldn't be a "Enable speech" button in the menu ^^
The ScummVM options dialog has, at this time, no knowledge of the game engines, or the individual games. It presents the same set of options in all cases.

The Curse of Monkey Island really was the first Monkey Island game to feature speech.
toxsic

Post by toxsic »

Damn I really thougt there where speech.... well its been a long time hehe ^^ ...so mhh thanky you anyways
junelim45

no speech either

Post by junelim45 »

Hi.. I'm actually playing monkey island 3.. but there is no speech although all the mode are enabled.. can anyone help me with this? thanks..
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: no speech either

Post by eriktorbjorn »

junelim45 wrote:Hi.. I'm actually playing monkey island 3.. but there is no speech although all the mode are enabled.. can anyone help me with this? thanks...
Assuming that you're playing the game from hard disk, did you copy all the necessary files from your CDs? It sounds like ScummVM can't find the files voxdisk1.bun and voxdisk2.bun.
junelim45

re:no speech either

Post by junelim45 »

hmmm... the files seems to be missing.. but the game can be played.. is there any way for me to get those files if I dont have the CD?

thanks.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: re:no speech either

Post by eriktorbjorn »

junelim45 wrote:hmmm... the files seems to be missing.. but the game can be played.. is there any way for me to get those files if I dont have the CD?
Which of course raises the question, how can you have the game and not have the CDs...?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
junelim45 wrote:hmmm... the files seems to be missing.. but the game can be played.. is there any way for me to get those files if I dont have the CD?
Which of course raises the question, how can you have the game and not have the CDs...?
and we all know the answer to that question! Starts with a w and ends with a z, possibly.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Jimbob wrote:and we all know the answer to that question! Starts with a w and ends with a z, possibly.
No, you can't be serious... you don't really think that Steven "Woz" Wozniak gave it to him, do you?