The Dig & tomb spire

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

grasp

The Dig & tomb spire

Post by grasp »

It seems that im stuck in this game. I'm in the tomb spire and have inserted the blue crystal in to the wall of the tomb , placed the rod on the loose stone , removed the dirt from the lens outside and used the "tomb rod" in map spire.According to the walkthrough-guides , a statue should appear now right ? Well I don't see any statue inside the tomb , just a beam of light pointing at the triangle ...

Is there something else I should do or is this a bug in ScummVm ( 0.8.0 ) ?
Jimbob

Re: The Dig & tomb spire

Post by Jimbob »

grasp wrote: Is there something else I should do or is this a bug in ScummVm ( 0.8.0 ) ?
Well 0.8.2 is the latest release, so try it with this first and then report back.

More info on your OS and version of the game that you're using may also help.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: The Dig & tomb spire

Post by sev »

Jimbob wrote: Well 0.8.2 is the latest release, so try it with this first and then report back.

More info on your OS and version of the game that you're using may also help.
Though, the correct release to test is daily SVN build of 0.9.0.

Eugene
grasp

Post by grasp »

Ok,I try updating then ... But there is one problem though. That SVN build of 0.9.0. is downloading very very slow. Something wrong with the file server ? :?

(And my system is win xp sp2 , amd 64 3200+ , geforce 6600gt , 1GB ddr400 and I have the talk-version of the game. )

EDIT: Well I'm now going to test it on 0.8.2. . Can take a while to get to that part of game :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

It doesn't matter whether you use ScummVM 0.8.0, 0.8.2 or 0.9.0. In each case, the tomb and spire scene in The Dig works 100% correct.

It is you who is missing a step in the puzzle. This is a relatively frequent request (apparently, some walk through also explains this in the wrong order or so, which lead a lot of people to fail at this puzzle in the past, too).

So, you might want to search through our bug tracker for "spire" and read up on one of the various bug reports for a more detailed explanation what to do to get around this.
grasp

Post by grasp »

Yep, You were right . I did miss a step in the puzzle. I hadn't set the moons correctly. Got the statue to show up now. Problem solved :)

Thx for help !
LosD

Post by LosD »

I have a problem exactly AFTER the statue shows up, and you touch it to make it disappear...

He refuses to get onto the crypt, and instead says "This is a pretty elaborate setup for a burial crypt. Something about this old relic must have been important.".

Is this a pizzle problem, or? I looked at every waklthrough I could find, nothing, he's just supposed to get on it, and it should act as an elevator, but nothing!

Only thing I could find about it was this russian site, after translating it with Babelfish they seemed to think that it was a ScummVM problem, but I don't know...

Am I missing something? :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LosD wrote:He refuses to get onto the crypt, and instead says "This is a pretty elaborate setup for a burial crypt. Something about this old relic must have been important.".
I believe that's the message you get if Boston doesn't yet know there's supposed to be something underneath. In that case, you need to explore some more.
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LosD

Post by LosD »

eriktorbjorn wrote: I believe that's the message you get if Boston doesn't yet know there's supposed to be something underneath. In that case, you need to explore some more.
Ohhhhhh!!! That makes sense... I'll look around some more, thx! :)
Trancentral

Post by Trancentral »

LosD wrote:I have a problem exactly AFTER the statue shows up, and you touch it to make it disappear...

He refuses to get onto the crypt, and instead says "This is a pretty elaborate setup for a burial crypt. Something about this old relic must have been important.".

Is this a pizzle problem, or? I looked at every waklthrough I could find, nothing, he's just supposed to get on it, and it should act as an elevator, but nothing!

Only thing I could find about it was this russian site, after translating it with Babelfish they seemed to think that it was a ScummVM problem, but I don't know...

Am I missing something? :(
Im having exactly the same problem :( Im using the lastest scumm version , ive tried 100 things but he just doenst get on the thing crypt.. Could anyone please help?
Pyjamarama

Post by Pyjamarama »

Hi,

I recently had the same problem myself. It's definitely not a bug un ScummVM but an element of the game's plot: In order to find the elevator you must first know that there is something underneath, and the place where you can find out this sort of thing is the map room. (I don't want to spoil too much for you, so I hope that this is not too vague - if you need more precise instructions, just say so.)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Pyjamarama wrote:Hi,

I recently had the same problem myself. It's definitely not a bug un ScummVM but an element of the game's plot: In order to find the elevator you must first know that there is something underneath, and the place where you can find out this sort of thing is the map room. (I don't want to spoil too much for you, so I hope that this is not too vague - if you need more precise instructions, just say so.)
Hehe.

That took me a week to figure out when I first played it... :D
Whomper

Post by Whomper »

I played through The Dig using the SVN version a few weeks ago. A bit of a curate's egg of a game, and the guides at GameFAQs are fairly awful.

ScummVM played it perfectly, but couldn't fix the fractured mess of a game created by that development process.
Trancentral

Post by Trancentral »

Sorry for the late reply guys! :) Thanks a lot ! it was the solution indeed :D