Cruise for a Corpse - Italian 256 Request code protection.. english version NOT.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DjDiabolik

Cruise for a Corpse - Italian 256 Request code protection.. english version NOT.

Post by DjDiabolik »

I have setup this games on currently scummvm daily build (at today).
When it's start it's request the code protection............. very strange because the same VGA/256 version of English not request this code but it's currently skipped.

How i can resolve this little troubles ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Cruise for a Corpse - Italian 256 Request code protection.. english version NOT.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

DjDiabolik wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:48 pm very strange because the same VGA/256 version of English not request this code but it's currently skipped.
I'm more surprised that the copy protection is skipped than that it's not. Mine certainly asks for the copy protection code. Both the English 256-color version and the German 16-color version that were included on the Delphine Classic Collection: Adventure (the CD version).

Quite annoying too, because the copy protection information reproduced in the manual is a bit hard to read...
DjDiabolik

Re: Cruise for a Corpse - Italian 256 Request code protection.. english version NOT.

Post by DjDiabolik »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:24 pm
DjDiabolik wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:48 pm very strange because the same VGA/256 version of English not request this code but it's currently skipped.
I'm more surprised that the copy protection is skipped than that it's not. Mine certainly asks for the copy protection code. Both the English 256-color version and the German 16-color version that were included on the Delphine Classic Collection: Adventure (the CD version).

Quite annoying too, because the copy protection information reproduced in the manual is a bit hard to read...
mmmmmmmmm.... if you want some info about my current english version simply ask (for example some md5 of files).

I have currently add both version.... the italian 256 and the english and the italian as ask to me the code and i have passed after some tentative.
The English version.... you can leave empty and all it's been skipped.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

DjDiabolik wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 am I have currently add both version.... the italian 256 and the english and the italian as ask to me the code and i have passed after some tentative.
Where have you purchased these versions of the game? Do you own the manual for them?
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

Praetorian wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 am
DjDiabolik wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 am I have currently add both version.... the italian 256 and the english and the italian as ask to me the code and i have passed after some tentative.
Where have you purchased these versions of the game? Do you own the manual for them?
I can say it's source of "sharing between friends"... somethings like a private FTP folder... and yes for the english version it's also avaiable the manual i can use on italian version. Indeed at the beginning i have tryed the english version thinking it was multilanguage. ScummVM identifies as "cruise". When i launch it the fist time I immediately noticed that the request of "copy protection" has been skipped but i have also noticed the english subtitles.

Then I also had the opportunity to try the Italian version. ScummVM identifies as "cruise-it" and this time for play the games i have need to pass the copy protection...... luckily that the second times you want to play this games you can use the "Quick Load" feature directly from ScummVM GUI to restore your last savepoint and you can "skip" the copy protection.