15khz output

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Napalmtree

15khz output

Post by Napalmtree »

Is there anyway to add 15khz output or would it have to be done on whatever system scummvm is running on?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: 15khz output

Post by criezy »

I don't know if this is what you want, but there is a config parameter for the audio output sampling rate in scummvm. See our User Manual. However as noted there, trying to use something that is not a multiple of 11025 Hz may not work as expected.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Funny, i thought he was talking about 15kHz video output, as in the old crt monitors (amiga used 15kHz monitors back in the day, iirc)
vanfanel

Post by vanfanel »

I understand the OP is talking about 15Khz video modes.
As things are, yes, it depends on the system. ScummVM does not (and should NOT) try to change the system video mode, that makes no sense in modern displays.
Napalmtree

Post by Napalmtree »

Definitely talking about video modes. Right, I know Scummvm on amiga and atari st work in 15khz just fine, but I was interested to know if any other systems support it. It's for the FPGA crowd which is the ARM based version port running on a linux back end. It would be pretty cool to have that display mode supported. What's wrong with old monitors? All the Scumm games run in scan doubled 15k resolutions for 31k vga. It's actually the perfect monitor for these types of games if there were a scanhalver built in. Hence the inquiry.