Pixel Perfect support conflicting with fullscreen from command line

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

Pixel Perfect support conflicting with fullscreen from command line

Post by scoriae »

The issue is that I cant have "-g" option and the PP option in the command line at the same time. By themselves they work fine, -g will increase window size and --stretch-mode=pixel-perfect will implement PP in Fullscreen, however when used together the -g mode causes some sort of conflict with PP when you switch to fullscreen, all you get is the same sized image that the -g option gave but with a black border all around.

Is there another method to tackle this?

To be clear, I'm not trying to sclae the pixel perfect output. Rather, I am trying to increase the window size. Dosbox ECE build handles this by finding a a resolution that is exactly 2x or 3x larger than the original resolution, which allows it to maintain it's pixel perfect algorithm while also increasing window size.

edit: It appears it isn't possible to use Pixel perfect mode in any sort of window? Only fullscreen? Please tell me I missed something and that is not the case.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Pixel Perfect support conflicting with fullscreen from command line

Post by criezy »

scoriae wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:15 pm edit: It appears it isn't possible to use Pixel perfect mode in any sort of window? Only fullscreen? Please tell me I missed something and that is not the case.
That should be possible, but you will have to resize the window manually. If the window size is more than 2 times and less than three times the game resolution, the display should be scaled by a factor two for example, also using black bars if needed (if the window is not exactly two times the game resolution).
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Thank you for the information.

Would it be out of the question to ask for something to specify the scale factor on the command line?

Something that specified pixel perfect mode & 2x or 3x for example?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

scoriae wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:16 pm Would it be out of the question to ask for something to specify the scale factor on the command line?
Yes, that is something that could be done. You are welcome to create a feature request on https://bugs.scummvm.org for it.

And to come back to your initial post, I should also mentioned that the stretch (such as pixel-perfect stretch) is applied on top of the graphics mode. So if you select a x2 or x3 graphics mode it will first do the scaling for that graphics mode (using the method for the selected graphics mode, such as nearest neighbour for "2X" or SAI filter for "2XSAI"), and then it will do the stretch. So for example a game that is initially at 320x200 with a 3X graphics mode will be at 960x600 and if you also use a pixel perfect stretch mode it will be displayed at a multiple of 960x600 (the biggest one that fits in the screen or window, for example 960x600, 1920x1200, or 2880x1800). The stretch mode itself will either use nearest neighbour or bilinear filtering depending if the filtering option is on or off.