LucasArts Data Files not working...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tabascoman77

LucasArts Data Files not working...

Post by tabascoman77 »

Hi...

I have the original CD's for Full Throttle and Sam & Max and I copied over the necessary data files to my drive. However, I cannot add them to ScummVM either by dragging and dropping or by doing a manual add using the "Add Game" feature. When I drag and drop, it tells me the game couldn't be added. When I locate the data files manually, the files show up as greyed out and I cannot select them no matter what I do.

Am I missing something?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: LucasArts Data Files not working...

Post by Praetorian »

tabascoman77 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:04 am Hi...

I have the original CD's for Full Throttle and Sam & Max and I copied over the necessary data files to my drive. However, I cannot add them to ScummVM either by dragging and dropping or by doing a manual add using the "Add Game" feature. When I drag and drop, it tells me the game couldn't be added. When I locate the data files manually, the files show up as greyed out and I cannot select them no matter what I do.

Am I missing something?
Hello,

Can you provide a few more details?
- What version of ScummVM are you running? Is it an official build or a custom build (eg. a build that you've made from the source code). If it's a custom build it must be configured to have the SCUMM engine enabled.
- Did you copy the data files into a folder as described in the wiki page below?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Data ... l_Throttle
- ScummVM just needs the folder where the game's files have been copied. You just drag and drop the folder itself, or point the "Add Game..." browser to the folder (it's normal if the files themselves within the folder are grayed out, or even if they don't appear at all). Did you try to simply "Choose" that folder?
tabascoman77

Re: LucasArts Data Files not working...

Post by tabascoman77 »

Sorry about that.

Running on Mac OS High Sierra.

Your solution of just choosing the folder with the Data File in it worked. My bad.

We're up and running! Thanks!