Running SCUMMVM on Windows CE Failure.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GusCE6

Running SCUMMVM on Windows CE Failure.

Post by GusCE6 »

First, I like working with old and underpowered hardware to see how far they can really go. I've had some terrific results with the 2001 Windows XP Sony VAIO.

But this involves a 2006 Sylvania Windows CE 6 netbook. Offline it has about 48MB RAM available. It uses an ARM 8505 processor. It is weak but surprisingly useful, thanks largely to Opera Mini 5, the TCPMP/CORE Players, Foxit PDF Reader, and the incredible SoftMaker Office software.

The problem is that none of the SCUMMVM applications meant for this I've tried have worked. I downloaded and opened the package with several SCUMMVM EXE files, but all of them yielded a "serious error/must shut down" error message.

If SCUMMVM can be made to work on this thing and it can play games like "Inherit the Earth," "Dreamweb," "The Legend of Kyrandia," "Darkseed," "LOOM," and "MYST" then that puny little device would be several times the gaming device it is now.

Can anyone here help?

Oh, and if anyone can link me to a DOSBox package that would work here...:)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Running SCUMMVM on Windows CE Failure.

Post by sev »

Did you try the WinCE 1.5.0 release from our download page?

Eugene
GusCE6

Re: Running SCUMMVM on Windows CE Failure.

Post by GusCE6 »

Yes. It also fails to install or work in any way. That is the one with several efforts, I tried them all.