Subtle Color Palette Differences in SCUMMVM?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JanieEP

Subtle Color Palette Differences in SCUMMVM?

Post by JanieEP »

I've been doing some Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise video work using game footage from SCUMMVM and extractions from the game files themselves. There seems to be a slight discrepancy though, which isn't present when running the game through DOSBox. DOSBox, however, has screen tearing. So, I switched over to SCUMMVM. I can't seem to find any render mode or color filter that will fix this, as it's even present on default settings. If anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it, that would be great. If you need any additional information or examples, let me know. As it is now, I either have to use footage or files if I don't want weird inconsistencies in my video work.

Example Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/PVytau0
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Subtle Color Palette Differences in SCUMMVM?

Post by sev »

If you're running OpenGL renderer (check in the options), then Gamma correction may have effect on the colors.

Eugene
JanieEP

Re: Subtle Color Palette Differences in SCUMMVM?

Post by JanieEP »

Well, this is interesting. Graphics Mode: Normal (no scaling) was the one giving me the wrong colors. After switching to OpenGL render, though, the colors were on-point. Can't seem to use Fraps to record it though (sad trombone); had to verify using a regular old screenshot. Well, thanks for your help anyway. Good to have this as an option in case I find some other program to record lossless footage from OpenGL.