Xeen.css Is Out Of Date?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EstelRandir

Xeen.css Is Out Of Date?

Post by EstelRandir »

Several months ago, I used a nightly build (mingw-w64-master-66dc8afa) to test Might and Magic - World of Xeen & Might and Magic - Swords of Xeen. They ran pretty good. Now I try them on the official 2.1.0 build & it will not recognize the game files & gives me the error Xeen.css is out of date. I really do not know what this error is telling me.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Xeen.css Is Out Of Date?

Post by dreammaster »

Chances are, you saved a copy of the xeen.ccs file at the time into your game directory (or perhaps to an Extras path). If so, you should now delete it, since the official builds have the file directly embedded. But your old copy is overriding that.
EstelRandir

Post by EstelRandir »

dreammaster wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 am Chances are, you saved a copy of the xeen.ccs file at the time into your game directory (or perhaps to an Extras path). If so, you should now delete it, since the official builds have the file directly embedded. But your old copy is overriding that.
Ok, that fixed the issue with ScummVM running the games. Thanks! Is the .css file something that ScummVM created for its own use then? Actually when I ran the games originally all I did was point ScummVM to the already installed versions that DosBox was running hoping they would work. I do not remember a .css file.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

EstelRandir wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 am Is the .css file something that ScummVM created for its own use then?
The xeen.ccs contains various tables of information extracted from the original executable, such as the list of monsters, what they look like, what kind of damage they do, etc. It's generally considered cleaner to extract the information from the executables then to require them to still be present, even for people wanting to play the game on non-PC systems