No music on Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA CD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scarmona

No music on Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA CD

Post by scarmona »

Hi all,
I haven't created a ticket yet for this and I will if needed, but first I wanted to ask here if someone experienced the same issue.
I cannot get the Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA CD version (not the Deluxe version) to play any music. I copied all necessary files from the Roberta Williams Anthology collection and all I get is digitized speech and sound effects, no music though.
I recall the VGA floppy version playing music so I don't understand why the one on CD doesn't. I've tried it on 2.1.0 and the latest daily builds with different music emulation.

Any tips?

Thank you
almeath

Re: No music on Mixed-Up Mother Goose VGA CD

Post by almeath »

I experienced the same issue in ScummVM 2.1.0.

No music will play, although the digitized speech is fine. I tested with default settings and also with overrides for Adlib and MT-32.

The VGA floppy disk version works fine, so only the CD-ROM release appears to be affected.
scarmona

Post by scarmona »

Thanks @almeath,
Just a brief update, music and speech work properly on the english-only version.
The version with the music issue is the multi-language one. I have created a ticket in the bug tracker for this.
almeath

Post by almeath »

My copy is one of those discounted “Slash” releases from the late 90s, although the CD is printed with a release date of 1992. It is funny because it looks like an original CD from the early 90s, but Sierra is misspelled as Bierra, so I realized something was amiss. It is still a legit copy of the game according to the information online. Anyway, at least I learned a bit of trivia from this issue, and to avoid the discount bin releases.