Changing language in Riven (sequel to Myst)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chris256f

Changing language in Riven (sequel to Myst)

Post by chris256f »

I’m new in the forum so hello everyone !

I bought riven from gog. It uses scummvm and can launch the game in French. I tried to import it in a separate scummvm (to run it into another platform). It works but the language is English. I would like to make it French. There are files with adde _french at the end in the folder but the game options does not list French as language.

Thanks in advance for our help !
chris256f

Re: Changing language in Riven (sequel to Myst)

Post by chris256f »

Hello again !
No one has an idea for my problem above ?
Thanks !
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Gog version of Riven adds an exe file inside installation folder called language_setup.exe. Change to your desired language fron there.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Which version of ScummVM are you trying to use? I know that version 2.0.0 is too old to be able to select the language for Myst (support for it was added after this release), and it might be the same for Riven. You could try with a ScummVM daily build.
chris256f

Post by chris256f »

Thanks for your reply! Indeed it is the 2.0.0 stable. I will try the daily version and post a feedback here.
chris256f

Post by chris256f »

criezy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:07 am Which version of ScummVM are you trying to use? I know that version 2.0.0 is too old to be able to select the language for Myst (support for it was added after this release), and it might be the same for Riven. You could try with a ScummVM daily build.
Hello again! I tried the daily build of today and still no option to choose French as langugage. I don’t know how it runs in French when launched from GOG that uses scummvm too... Any idea?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Did you try to add the game again? I think the language selection would be when you add the game (at least that is how it works with Myst).
chris256f

Post by chris256f »

criezy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 pm Did you try to add the game again? I think the language selection would be when you add the game (at least that is how it works with Riven).
Thanks ! It’s working when added back. Only works on daily version indeed. Do you know when it will be available in stable version ? Thanks for your help !
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

No decision has been made, but I think there were some talk of releasing ScummVM 2.1.0 this Autumn.