Saving Games - Humongous and others

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vaderaguk

Saving Games - Humongous and others

Post by vaderaguk »

Okay, i've searched, lots of threads about saving games.
But I was playing Blues Treasure Hunt with my daughter earlier (well, she was), and now she's distraught as we couldnt work out how to save...

Save / Load greyed out on the ScummVM menu, F5 didn't seem to do anything, Ctrl-1 etc didn't seem to do anything

So how do I save these games?!

And, larger question, is there an easy way to unify which keys save games (i'm running ScummVM on an arcade cab so it's a challenge having to use different keys!)

Many thanks L+:)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Saving Games - Humongous and others

Post by Raziel »

Isn't LCTRL+F5 working?
It should bring up the internal ScummVM menu with the possibility to save and load.

Edit: Ah, i see you alreday tried that.
Seems all the HE games are greyed out since the engine used the original Save/Load screens (i.e. in SpyFox it's his SpyWatch).
I don't know Blues Treasure Hunt, so i don't know where the internal Save Menu hides...does the manual say anything?
vaderaguk

Post by vaderaguk »

No, sadly not

The menu appears but save/load are deactivated and unclickable :(
vaderaguk

Post by vaderaguk »

Raziel wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:06 pm Isn't LCTRL+F5 working?
It should bring up the internal ScummVM menu with the possibility to save and load.

Edit: Ah, i see you alreday tried that.
Seems all the HE games are greyed out since the engine used the original Save/Load screens (i.e. in SpyFox it's his SpyWatch).
I don't know Blues Treasure Hunt, so i don't know where the internal Save Menu hides...does the manual say anything?
Previous post pre your edit
I don't know tbh, where would I find the manual?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Heh, probably came with your CD?

Edit:
I can see on MobyGames that the game features some sort of bottom inventory ribbon (with an ample thing to the far right).
Maybe that's not it, but worth a try?

Edit2:
Sorry, can't help you more there.
Normally in HE games you move the mouse cursor down to the bottom (or up to the top) and a "ribbon", or single icons, appear.
One of those icons should be the internal menu where oyu can save and load, though i'm not sure if this game has a possibility to save at all.
vaderaguk

Post by vaderaguk »

Raziel wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:12 pm Heh, probably came with your CD?

Edit:
I can see on MobyGames that the game features some sort of bottom inventory ribbon (with an ample thing to the far right).
Maybe that's not it, but worth a try?
Hmm... i wasn't seeing that bar... interesting... i'll check that out when my daughter next wants to play (I can't be bothered to sit through 15mins of fmv again as I can't find a way to skip it!!)

I'm guessing this all means that per the other question, there isn't really a way to unify the save 'buttons' across all games?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Otherwise, several threads, such as this one, mention that some Humongous games use S and L to save and load. Have you tried that? I don’t have this game myself, so I don’t know if that will work, but this is worth a try I guess. Otherwise the game manual should indeed contain the information.