Win10 Multiple MIDI options / Roland MT-32 over USB

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

visualnoiz

Win10 Multiple MIDI options / Roland MT-32 over USB

Post by visualnoiz »

I can get my real Roland MT-32 to work using the GUI, but I bought LSL collection on Steam so i'd like a one-click start for the game.

In DOSBOX I can config the midi to device 1 in OSX or Win showing what its using with the mixer /listmidi

in the GUI for ScummVM I can choose my Avid Fast Track C400 and it has a 2- in front of the name, so i assume the 1 is the normal windows MIDI and my USB interface is on 2.

doesn't seem to be a config flag i can use to switch when loading from command line or the RUN file in the steam app folder .
i tried to install the MIDI mapper program mentioned elsewhere but it wouldn't launch on my HP Spectre 360x Win 10 machine so i can't switch default midi input that way
TerryLewis

Re: Win10 Multiple MIDI options / Roland MT-32 over USB

Post by TerryLewis »

visualnoiz wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 am I can get my real Roland MT-32 to work using the GUI, but I bought LSL collection on Steam so i'd like a one-click start for the game.
In DOSBOX I can config the midi to device 1 in OSX or Win showing what its using with the mixer /listmidi
in the GUI for ScummVM I can choose my Avid Fast Track C400 and it has a 2- in front of the name, so i assume the 1 is the normal windows MIDI and my USB interface is on 2.
doesn't seem to be a config flag i can use to switch when loading from command line or the RUN file in the steam app folder .
i tried to install the MIDI mapper program mentioned elsewhere but it wouldn't launch on my HP Spectre 360x Win 10 machine so i can't switch default midi input that way
Hi there,

I have bought a cheap USB-to-MIDI cable. But it seems there's no connection with my MT-32 in DOSbox. The sound is not being processed by the MT-32. Could it be a USB related issue?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Win10 Multiple MIDI options / Roland MT-32 over USB

Post by criezy »

visualnoiz wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 amdoesn't seem to be a config flag i can use to switch when loading from command line or the RUN file in the steam app folder .
Doesn't the --music-driver=... option work? And I think you should be able to get the available drivers using --list-audio-devices (although it will list all the music devices, not just the MIDI ones). But I am not completely sure here, so I might be wrong (the ScummVM audio settings often confuse me).