Cannot add Mission Supernova to Scumm VM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hchris

Cannot add Mission Supernova to Scumm VM

Post by hchris »

I read on Facebook that Mission Supernova is supported with ScummVM since 25th January 2018.

I downloaded Scumm VM latest stable 2.0.0. Installed it. then I downloaded Mission Supernova from the link provided on the Facebook post:

http://outpost.simplicity.de/

I downloaded the game, copied it to my HD, unzipped it.

Then I started Scumm VM --> add game --> chose the directory where the Mission Supernova files are in there (msn) --> choose button --> then the following message appears:

"ScummVM konnte I gewählten Verzeichnis kein Spiel finden!"

--> "ScummVM could not find a game in the chosen directory!".

I am not sure what I did wrong, I used ScummVM for many many years with many games and it worked fine.

After further investigation I found out that the latest stable release is 2.0.0 from 17.12.2017, the news info on Facebook that Mission Supernova was added to ScummVM is from 25th Jan 2018.

Is it possible that the game is not yet supported in the lastest stable release? If yes, is there another release of ScummVM which I can download where the game will work?

Really need to get this working, we have a family event where we will all play together Mission Supernova starting on 29th December (nostalgia family event) and it would be a shame if I cannot get this to work :-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Cannot add Mission Supernova to Scumm VM

Post by criezy »

Mission Supernova is not yet officially supported, and still needs a bit of work. The first episode should be completable though with few issues. And I think it should be enabled in the daily builds. I am planning to make a change to the save game format at some point to change the way it handles the dream sequence. And then there is still a lot of work needed to also support the second episode.