Extract game files to run in DOS

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Frondelius

Extract game files to run in DOS

Post by Frondelius »

Hello.

I'm rather new to this and I have tried to find a way to extract the LFL or 001 files to run the game in my retro gaming 486.

I'm very thankful for all the help I can get.

Thanks
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Extract game files to run in DOS

Post by criezy »

Extract the file from where?

If you are under the impression that ScummVM contains game files, then you are mistaken. You need to acquire the games separately.

If you already have the games you want to play, it would be useful to know which games and which version of the game you have, but in most cases the game files should just be there, or you may have an installer to run. An exception for example is the Mac CD LucasArts games that are distributed as a single Data file (and we have a tool to extract files from those, but since the DOS executable is not included you will not be able to run these on DOS anyway).
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Extract game files to run in DOS

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

criezy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:01 pm but since the DOS executable is not included you will not be able to run these on DOS anyway
In some cases, the executable from the demo version will work, though. It may work flawless, it may work with graphic or sound issues, or it may not run at all. It's worth a try, I'd say.