The Feeble Files Data Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Raziel wrote:
Else, if some files are necessary in data1.cab, could anyone send them to me ?
No, that would be a breach of copyrights
Even if I've the four CD ? :mrgreen:
It's sad.. :cry:
deadagain

Post by deadagain »

Sebmagic wrote: Oh, in fact, I noticed that there was no file in my "data1.cab", because, when I extract data1.cab with i5comp, there is no files extracted. But is it a problem since I have all the requisite files ??
You must have extracted something since GAME22, TBLLIST, save.999, TABLES* etc etc are supposed to be inside data1.cab.

Did you extract correctly? With i5comp & data1.cab in path type like so:

I5comp.exe x data1.cab * folder

Cab will be extracted to "folder" folder, I get 319 files w/a combined size of 35,4MB; data1.cab is 27,6MB.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:I'm french and I don't know what is md5sum but my GAME22 takes 253 Ko.
Get md5sum from the net, it's a little proggy which calculates the MD5Sum of every file
given...although i think your GAME22 may be broken, judging the size

GAME22 259.576 Bytes
MD5SUM:
GAME22 4a6fc1b3c4f06a728da256709db8a65e
deadagain

Post by deadagain »

Another one (4cd vers):
251.647 GAME22
e5d373089aca3b5ebf23cde591df9be5 *GAME22
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

My file data1.cab takes almost 22 Mo but when I extract it to a new folder with i5comp, there is no files in this folder when the extraction is finished. Besides, this extraction takes not a lot of time (1 second). Odd : I've all the requisited files.

I come back later with the md5sum.
deadagain

Post by deadagain »

Sebmagic wrote:My file data1.cab takes almost 22 Mo but when I extract it to a new folder with i5comp, there is no files in this folder when the extraction is finished. Besides, this extraction takes not a lot of time (1 second).
Obviously the cab is not empty then... Sure you extracted corectly?? Any error messages etc? Did you try i5comp.exe l data1.cab - it should list cab contents.
Sebmagic wrote: Odd : I've all the requisited files.
You can also get the files by using the original installer, but I assumed you didn't.

Anything special or strange about this version you have??
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:My file data1.cab takes almost 22 Mo but when I extract it to a new folder with i5comp, there is no files in this folder when the extraction is finished. Besides, this extraction takes not a lot of time (1 second). Odd : I've all the requisited files.

I come back later with the md5sum.
Are you trying to decrunch data1.cab without any arguments?

Try the line @deadagain provided:

I5comp.exe x data1.cab
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Well, when I make i5comp.exe | data1.cab, there is indeed a error -> "files doesn't seem to be valid" (something like that).

For md5sum --> bc2234bf66a84f21c4f6ad52f43ace95 *GAME22
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Else, for I5comp.exe x data1;cab, he says "could not load/init the much needed Zdata dll".

:evil:
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Sorry for flood, but I tried i5comp l data1.cab and the list of the 319 files appears... I think that these files are already extracted (cuz I've all the files of the list, I think). Maybe are they damaged. At this moment, I don't know what to do.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:Sorry for flood, but I tried i5comp l data1.cab and the list of the 319 files appears... I think that these files are already extracted (cuz I've all the files of the list, I think). Maybe are they damaged. At this moment, I don't know what to do.
Put data1.cab in another dir along with ie5comp.exe,
type
ie5comp x data1.cab

Your files may be corrupted, so decrunch them again
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Okay I will try that.
I must say that all my GAME22, save.999 etc are from the installing of Feeble on my computer... So...

EDIT : I tried in a new empty folder, and it's the same problem : "Could not load/init blabla...."
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:Okay I will try that.
I must say that all my GAME22, save.999 etc are from the installing of Feeble on my computer... So...

EDIT : I tried in a new empty folder, and it's the same problem : "Could not load/init blabla...."
You need that ZData.dll in the SAME folder you have ie5comp.exe, i think this .dll should be
part of your ie5comp.exe package, if not you have to get it from the net
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Yes... It's seems to be quite hard to find this file on the net :roll:

edit : Okay, I think I catched it :mrgreen:

Yes, he has extracted the 319 files, but ScummVM still says "No game found in the specified directory".
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:Yes... It's seems to be quite hard to find this file on the net :roll:

edit : Okay, I think I catched it :mrgreen:

Yes, he has extracted the 319 files, but ScummVM still says "No game found in the specified directory".
Iß m out of ideas (and tired)

Which package (platform) do you use?
Tried with the latest snapshot?

Maybe you aren't in the directory with the files?